Low Effort GDT 2024 Stanley Cup - Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Our pick in the Tarasenko trade upgrades if Panthers win... just saying...
Win win for me

My childhood team wins (Oilers)

Or

Our pick improves by a round and most likely position within the round, its capital, worth it even if delayed

Reactions: BigRig4

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can’t get a feel for this series. Gut reaction is Panthers easily but Edmonton has really played a stifling game for awhile now.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I can’t get a feel for this series. Gut reaction is Panthers easily but Edmonton has really played a stifling game for awhile now.
I think if it is a close game tonight, it could go either way.

I think if McDavid and Draisatl stay healthy, it goes in favour of the oilers.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
That wasn't on Ceci.

Nurse+1st man in both went deep to help Ceci in a puck battle and/or cut off the angle.

The F1 should have covered the center of the ice if Nurse was cutting the angle.

Ceci lost a puck battle but he did nothing wrong. They had two guys covering the same spot..

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Why would they go back to Nurse-Ceci? The Dallas series turned around when they moved Ceci to the third pair. Already -2 together.

They did nothing wrong there.

I've been too busy not paying attention so I don't know if it was late in the shift, but the FLA F was first on puck when Ceci tried to anticipate that there would be a puck battle.

Nurse covered the angle. F1 or whatever the term is should have filled in for Nurse but he went to join the anticipated puck battle with Ceci.

Nobody was in front leading to a wide open FLA forward.

At best you can get on Ceci for getting beat to the puck. I wasn't paying attention but I suspect it was the end of the shift for the D pair..

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
They did nothing wrong there.

I've been too busy not paying attention so I don't know if it was late in the shift, but the FLA F was first on puck when Ceci tried to anticipate that there would be a puck battle.

Nurse covered the angle. F1 or whatever the term is should have filled in for Nurse but he went to join the anticipated puck battle with Ceci.

Nobody was in front leading to a wide open FLA forward.

At best you can get on Ceci for getting beat to the puck. I wasn't paying attention but I suspect it was the end of the shift for the D pair..

It's about way more than a single play.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oilers D and G going to let them down in this series. I put money on FLA to win it and I’m glad i did. Oilers also don’t have the depth FLA has

Reactions: Icelevel

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I am not saying he is Doughty, but there is a lot of confirmation bias that goes with judging defenseman where usually 9/10 defenseman who play tough minutes against their opponents top lines "suck".

People have been saying some version of "he doesn't suck, he just plays tough minutes" for years about Ceci. Personally, I've seen enough of him to say he sucks at playing tough minutes.

The Nurse-Kulak pair was working well in the Dallas series and I don't understand why they went away from it in favour of Nurse-Ceci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad