OT: 2024 Soccer and Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
For a 'friendly', that game with Mexico was about as ugly as it gets......it's a miracle no Canadian player came out out of the match without sustaining a serious injury....some of those fouls were bordering on vicious......only two yellow cards to the Mexican side, but easily have been a couple of reds.

I don't know if the strategy was to slow down the Canadians outside of the rules. But whatever it was I guess it worked. But as other commentators have pointed out......Mexico came into the match worried about this Canadian side, and were determined to slow them down. So I suppose that's a backhanded gesture of respect.
Every game with them lately has been chippy and that's much different than before. They absolutely see us way differently now.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I see Badwal and Chateau signed deals with the Caps. Excellent news as long as Sartini doesn't try to play them out of position like he does almost everyone else.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Badwal and Chateau signed deals with the Caps. Excellent news as long as Sartini doesn't try to play them out of position like he does almost everyone else.
It always amazes me how little you read about the 'Caps development team......no scores, player profiles or even the league they play in. In fact, what league do they play in? Who are the up and coming talents?

You read a lot more about the semi-pro Canadian Premier League. Maybe because a lot of those teams seem to be 'tough outs' for Canada's MLS teams whenever they play for the Canadian pro soccer title.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It always amazes me how little you read about the 'Caps development team......no scores, player profiles or even the league they play in. In fact, what league do they play in? Who are the up and coming talents?

You read a lot more about the semi-pro Canadian Premier League. Maybe because a lot of those teams seem to be 'tough outs' for Canada's MLS teams whenever they play for the Canadian pro soccer title.
You would think they would try to promote MLS next pro although I feel the CPL should expand and be that place where these young players play. They can be loaned from the MLS and play in the CPL where they will get some exposure rather than next pro where friends and family watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad