Prospect Info: 2024 Senators Development Camp

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Man, he seems to skate a lot better than the highlight packages from his draft year suggested. I wasn't a huge fan of this pick but if he's made that much progress in the last 6 months that, in and of itself, is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this player. Seems like a kid with a really good head on his shoulders too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My expert review. All things written are correct (I didn’t think it was gonna be a half 3v3 game) But alas.

Best player: Hoyt Stanley. He kind looks a cut above everyone else. Jumps off the ice. Very noticeably. Smooth. Agile (relatively). Also very calm in defence. And you can see a lot of teammates defer to him on the ice. I think he cemented himself as the best player alpha dog at camp

Very noticeable in good way :
Theo Wallberg: guy is big fast and can handle the puck. Another guy where his teammates just really wanted to give him the puck all the time. Also never stops smiling? Nothing to do with hockey but he actually was laughing the entire scrimmage.

Javon Moore: don’t see how this guy isn’t an nhler (I know it was only 3v3.) big fast twitchy aggressive.

Blake Montgomery: same as Moore. Attacks the defender any time he gets a chance. Also got into some great board battles and brought out some feistiness in his opponents.

Oskar Petersson: sleep walking for a bit. And then he hit some form and was an offensive dynamo for the rest of the scrimmage.

Filip Nordberg: still my dark horse. Probably the best defence at the scrimmage outside of Hoyt. Won a bunch of pucks. Sealed people in the corners. Can skate. Big. Kinda mean.

Players that played fine:
Wallenius: tools. And seems intense.
Ellinas: same as wallenius and smart but didn’t jump off the ice.
Halliday: as advertised but a little lethargic but able to make plays regardless
Lockhart: don’t know him but he’s small and quick so you always notice those players.
Andonovski: as advertised.

Rough go’s:
Yakemchuk: first year. Thought he floated a bit as opposed to asserting himself. He also just doesn’t seem that intense. But it’s a 3v3 scrimmage don’t put too much weight

Eliasson: probably the youngest guy there. Intercepted countless times on his passes.

Ward: don’t know his first name but he was a non draftee. Apparently a huge prick to play against. Looked a little slow and not involved. 3v3 might just not be his cup of tea.

A lot of other players looked very normal so nothing to really say.

Hoyt Moore and Montgomery if they’re development is in any way linear I don’t know how they don’t get regular shifts in the nhl.

I feel about those two forwards how I felt about dzingel. They’re fast. And handle the puck well. They’ll get a taste of the NHL.

Same for Hoyt.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
My expert review. All things written are correct (I didn’t think it was gonna be a half 3v3 game) But alas.

Best player: Hoyt Stanley. He kind looks a cut above everyone else. Jumps off the ice. Very noticeably. Smooth. Agile (relatively). Also very calm in defence. And you can see a lot of teammates defer to him on the ice. I think he cemented himself as the best player alpha dog at camp

Very noticeable in good way :
Theo Wallberg: guy is big fast and can handle the puck. Another guy where his teammates just really wanted to give him the puck all the time. Also never stops smiling? Nothing to do with hockey but he actually was laughing the entire scrimmage.

Javon Moore: don’t see how this guy isn’t an nhler (I know it was only 3v3.) big fast twitchy aggressive.

Blake Montgomery: same as Moore. Attacks the defender any time he gets a chance. Also got into some great board battles and brought out some feistiness in his opponents.

Oskar Petersson: sleep walking for a bit. And then he hit some form and was an offensive dynamo for the rest of the scrimmage.

Filip Nordberg: still my dark horse. Probably the best defence at the scrimmage outside of Hoyt. Won a bunch of pucks. Sealed people in the corners. Can skate. Big. Kinda mean.

Players that played fine:
Wallenius: tools. And seems intense.
Ellinas: same as wallenius and smart but didn’t jump off the ice.
Halliday: as advertised but a little lethargic but able to make plays regardless
Lockhart: don’t know him but he’s small and quick so you always notice those players.
Andonovski: as advertised.

Rough go’s:
Yakemchuk: first year. Thought he floated a bit as opposed to asserting himself. He also just doesn’t seem that intense. But it’s a 3v3 scrimmage don’t put too much weight

Eliasson: probably the youngest guy there. Intercepted countless times on his passes.

Ward: don’t know his first name but he was a non draftee. Apparently a huge prick to play against. Looked a little slow and not involved. 3v3 might just not be his cup of tea.

A lot of other players looked very normal so nothing to really say.

Hoyt Moore and Montgomery if they’re development is in any way linear I don’t know how they don’t get regular shifts in the nhl.

I feel about those two forwards how I felt about dzingel. They’re fast. And handle the puck well. They’ll get a taste of the NHL.

Same for Hoyt.
Nice to hear Shean Donovan rave about Hoyt and now this. Seems like we have two legit RD prospects which helps our future outlook.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nice to hear Shean Donovan rave about Hoyt and now this. Seems like we have two legit RD prospects which helps our future outlook.
I really liked Hoyt when we drafted him but he seems to be smashing my expectations. I'd like to see how he does in a more game like situation before I get ahead of myself though. Would be great news if he turns out to be a legit prospect with an NHL future.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I really liked Hoyt when we drafted him but he seems to be smashing my expectations. I'd like to see how he does in a more game like situation before I get ahead of myself though. Would be great news if he turns out to be a legit prospect with an NHL future.
Yeah can’t really get too much out of a scrimmage but it’s promising that Donovan is saying he has a chance to play in the NHL for a long time.

Sens should just collect a ton of 4th round picks every year at this rate, it’s where we do our best work haha.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Would be nice to catch some of his college games.

He is waaaaay better with the puck than I thought he would be. And it’s 3v3 half ice. And mostly played below the blue line. It’s very tight out there and he was navigating no problem

Reactions: Micklebot

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Development Camp Day 4:
3 on 3 Scrimage:

- it got started a little late because Dorion hadn't finished cleaning the ice with the Zaboni this morning. :facepalm:

- this camp has been all about the defence really with a few guys standing out. Yakemchuk since he's the new toy & Elliasson since he's as tall as a wind turbine. Andonovski had a good day with at least 2 goals & Hoyt Stanley with 3 goals today. Did not see Hamara all week, was he at camp? Did anyone see him?

- No forward really stood out at all during this camp, I expected more from Halliday & Petersson but got nothing special, I think Petersson may have scored a goal, but neither stood out. There are some interesting forwards, I like the way Rolofs plays, he is a bit of a rugged player & Moore looks like he could be a player too.

- Same for the goaltenders nobody from this group really stood out much, although Merilainen made a spectacular poke check to save a goal on one shift & Reidler hit his head on the ceiling of the arena, this guy is huge.

- I spent most of this scrimage at one end of the arena so whatever happened at the other end I didn't see it. The Brass were all there today & the arena was quite full including Spartacat showed up.

- Yakemchuk continued to look like a deer in the headlights as all this attention seems to have been a little overwhelming for a shy kid He had a tough day & as I say that his red team still won the scrimmage. He looked gassed at times & got beat a few times, but everybody did in these scrimmages that take place from the blueline in on both sides of the rink with two games going on at the same time & centre ice full of players standing around waiting their turn. He also made a number of good steals & a couple of nice plays that resulted in goals.

- Andonovski continues to impress with his solid positional play, his heads up passing skills & getting his wrist shot through to the net, I believe he got at least two goals today. He was also on the winning red team.

- Hoyt Stanley had a big day, got lucky with a couple of goals, but as they say you make your own luck & I think he ended the day with 3 goals. He was on the blue team that lost to the red team although they took a last second shot that went in, but discounted by the coach running the scrimmage for going in after the time ran out.

- okay whoever put Eliasson & Ellinas on the same team ... that's not funny, it was very confusing although one is quite taller than the other. Well it was easy to see why they drafted him today he was hitting & plastering guys along the boards & against the glass everytime he had the chance. He did make a couple of brutal giveaways, one that ended up in their net when the puck ended up behind him & led to a 3 on none. He's a decent skater, moves well but needs to grow into his body & put a little more muscle on that frame.

- it was a nice day & fun week. Have a great weekend everyone.

This was kinda yakemchuk all day

Hope you had a good time today watching the scrimmages. :thumbu:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Development Camp Day 4:
3 on 3 Scrimage:

- it got started a little late because Dorion hadn't finished cleaning the ice with the Zaboni this morning. :facepalm:

- this camp has been all about the defence really with a few guys standing out. Yakemchuk since he's the new toy & Elliasson since he's as tall as a wind turbine. Andonovski had a good day with at least 2 goals & Hoyt Stanley with 3 goals today. Did not see Hamara all week, was he at camp? Did anyone see him?

- No forward really stood out at all during this camp, I expected more from Halliday & Petersson but got nothing special, I think Petersson may have scored a goal, but neither stood out. There are some interesting forwards, I like the way Rolofs plays, he is a bit of a rugged player & Moore looks like he could be a player too.

- Same for the goaltenders nobody from this group really stood out much, although Merilainen made a spectacular poke check to save a goal on one shift & Reidler hit his head on the ceiling of the arena, this guy is huge.

- I spent most of this scrimage at one end of the arena so whatever happened at the other end I didn't see it. The Brass were all there today & the arena was quite full including Spartacat showed up.

- Yakemchuk continued to look like a deer in the headlights as all this attention seems to have been a little overwhelming for a shy kid He had a tough day & as I say that his red team still won the scrimmage. He looked gassed at times & got beat a few times, but everybody did in these scrimmages that take place from the blueline in on both sides of the rink with two games going on at the same time & centre ice full of players standing around waiting their turn. He also made a number of good steals & a couple of nice plays that resulted in goals.

- Andonovski continues to impress with his solid positional play, his heads up passing skills & getting his wrist shot through to the net, I believe he got at least two goals today. He was also on the winning red team.

- Hoyt Stanley had a big day, got lucky with a couple of goals, but as they say you make your own luck & I think he ended the day with 3 goals. He was on the blue team that lost to the red team although they took a last second shot that went in, but discounted by the coach running the scrimmage for going in after the time ran out.

- okay whoever put Eliasson & Ellinas on the same team ... that's not funny, it was very confusing although one is quite taller than the other. Well it was easy to see why they drafted him today he was hitting & plastering guys along the boards & against the glass everytime he had the chance. He did make a couple of brutal giveaways, one that ended up in their net when the puck ended up behind him & led to a 3 on none. He's a decent skater, moves well but needs to grow into his body & put a little more muscle on that frame.

I did. A little time off work is always nice

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Development Camp Day 4:
3 on 3 Scrimage:

Love these summaries thanks! To Rafi too

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Man, he seems to skate a lot better than the highlight packages from his draft year suggested. I wasn't a huge fan of this pick but if he's made that much progress in the last 6 months that, in and of itself, is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this player. Seems like a kid with a really good head on his shoulders too.
I will keep my expectations low, as they should be for a second round pick, and my hopes high.

It would be nice to have a 6'7" defenceman who wards off opponents with his long reach, hits hard and clears the front of the net. Hopefully he has Chara's strength too and can perform the policeman role when necessary.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Development Camp Day 4:
3 on 3 Scrimage:

Lost his jock strap on that play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad