Prospect Info: 2024 Senators Development Camp

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
As a season ticket holder can I see all these practices?
Development Camp is free for everyone but the last day when they have the 3 on 3 sessions is supposedly for season ticket holders only. What happened last yr is they kind of tried this & let season ticket holders in first & then everyone else went in. It's a small rink & only has two levels of seating on one side & standing room behind the net in the entrance side. I'm not sure how many people can fit in there, but it's not a lot & most fans don't care to see Development Camp. There hasn't been that many people there so far this yr & there is plenty of room to sit or stand although the 3 on 3 sessions usually attract more people.

Reactions: BigRig4

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Maybe he meant speed instead of skating mechanics itself, and everyone is just freaking out about nothing. Yakemchuk has great speed when he gets going. but he's not an elite skater.
He repeated it about three times emphasizing each time. I think he believes it or hasn’t seen him enough.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
He repeated it about three times emphasizing each time. I think he believes it or hasn’t seen him enough.
McDavid 2.0 confirmed.

Acceleration is most critical part, especially defending rush chances, not top end necessarily. If they can improve the first few strides that will go a long way in helping his game. Some good coaching will help with that, he already seems to recognize this and apparently focusing on it. I'm optimistic he will be a big addition to the club in the future.

Reactions: Icelevel

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe he meant speed instead of skating mechanics itself, and everyone is just freaking out about nothing. Yakemchuk has great speed when he gets going. but he's not an elite skater.

But almost all players can reach a high top speed after many strides, so it sort of goes without saying that "once he gets going" his skating is fine.

Most Sens fans, including myself, convinced themselves of the same thing with Logan Brown. His feet were slow and he took awhile to get going but he could eventually reach a good top speed, therefore his skating concerns were overblown.

Turns out the first couple steps are the ones that matter most. Agility and acceleration are much more important attributes of skating than speed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Development Camp is free for everyone but the last day when they have the 3 on 3 sessions is supposedly for season ticket holders only. What happened last yr is they kind of tried this & let season ticket holders in first & then everyone else went in. It's a small rink & only has two levels of seating on one side & standing room behind the net in the entrance side. I'm not sure how many people can fit in there, but it's not a lot & most fans don't care to see Development Camp. There hasn't been that many people there so far this yr & there is plenty of room to sit or stand although the 3 on 3 sessions usually attract more people.
Yeee talked to my rep. I’ll be there tomorrow

R2010

May 23, 2011
But almost all players can reach a high top speed after many strides, so it sort of goes without saying that "once he gets going" his skating is fine.

Most Sens fans, including myself, convinced themselves of the same thing with Logan Brown. His feet were slow and he took awhile to get going but he could eventually reach a good top speed, therefore his skating concerns were overblown.

Turns out the first couple steps are the ones that matter most. Agility and acceleration are much more important attributes of skating than speed.
I agree. But i'm trying to be charitable for Poulin. In fairness, footspeed may have been an issue for Logan but the reason he wasn't successful was entirely upstairs

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Never made it to Development Camp today, family resposibilities prevailed & I was tired of sleeping in the garage.

2c88b45d-e612-4d2d-9265-c88e4c08e7d3_text.gif

Thanks aragorn

(I know I’m mixing fantasy references but I think it’s appropriate given the celibacy on the wall and aragorn’s couch)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad