Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I mean he probably saw enough of both Shapiro and Atkins during his stint with Cleveland, so why go through that again?

He made the right choice. :laugh:

This may be in jest but he literally had an out clause in his contract with Cleveland that triggered in the event Shapiro and/or Antonetti left the org. One thing Shapiro does right is his unwavering loyalty to his staff. Maybe that’s to a fault but clearly there was a lot of respect and admiration within that org for him.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This may be in jest but he literally had an out clause in his contract with Cleveland that triggered in the event Shapiro and/or Antonetti left the org. One thing Shapiro does right is his unwavering loyalty to his staff. Maybe that’s to a fault but clearly there was a lot of respect and admiration within that org for him.

Oh I'm sure there's ample respect and admiration from around the league, for Francona's career, and deservedly so.

Just didn't think he'd want to join his former bosses up here, that's all, especially considering what's become of the Jays since they took over.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Terry Francona has had health issues over the past number of years... I wish the guy well, but he should have just enjoyed his retirement...

Wouldn't surprise me if this doesn't last long or he misses periods like he did in Cleveland.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Terry Francona has had health issues over the past number of years... I wish the guy well, but he should have just enjoyed his retirement...

Wouldn't surprise me if this doesn't last long or he misses periods like he did in Cleveland.
Definitely strikes me as one of those guys who was told he had to step away, did it, then about halfway through 2024 decided retirement is kinda boring.

It does at least sound like he made positive strides towards fixing his health though. Since if memory serves he admitted he didn't even have enough stamina to be a manager at points. I don't think he'd come back if it was still that bad.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Definitely strikes me as one of those guys who was told he had to step away, did it, then about halfway through 2024 decided retirement is kinda boring.

It does at least sound like he made positive strides towards fixing his health though. Since if memory serves he admitted he didn't even have enough stamina to be a manager at points. I don't think he'd come back if it was still that bad.
Yeah hopefully he's well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad