Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Mark Shapiro is delusional if he thinks we've had lots of success in the last 5 years. Look at your total spend, look at your underwhelming farm system, and look at your playoff success.

It's unacceptable to put the word success around this team.
It's nauseating hearing this guy talk about the success the last 5 years. He has one of the highest payrolls in baseball, a decimated farm system, and yet any success they've had has lead to NO wins in the postseason. I knew he would say this but to hear him defend Atkins is stomach churning.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
The Jays think they are the Leafs where you can put a bad product on the field and people will still show up. Leafs can get away with that as they are the Leafs and hockey is a religion in Canada.

The only way they get rid of Shatkins is by people not going to games and seeing the empty stadium might spur the owners into action. The problem with that is the Blue Jays are Canada's team so people all over Canada make it a vacation to see the Jays. This is not a say like the Rockies who suck and people from Florida, and Tennesee are not flocking to the Rockies games cause they are the only MLB team in the country.

Rogers is not serious about winning only hawking their products on TV and in the stadium. The Jays are a marketing arm of Rogers. I don't care how high the payroll is the owner doesn't care cause people are flocking to use cup holders in the new fancy seats lol. I won't be surprised if they cut payroll this offseason.

Mark Shapiro is delusional if he thinks we've had lots of success in the last 5 years. Look at your total spend, look at your underwhelming farm system, and look at your playoff success.

It's unacceptable to put the word success around this team.
Guardians....no I mean Indians got better after the dynamic duo left Cleveland. Now they are perennial division winners and playoff contenders each year

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Rosie Dimaio likely just lost her job. What a terrible question!
I don't know what she asked, but if she could lose her job for asking terrible questions, she would have been unemployed YEARS ago.

That was a Paul Godfrey policy.

Now, it is not a rule, it is a policy that most players aren't worth more than 5 years (Vlad and Bo should be exceptions).
Did Godfrey start it? Because it was absolutely a Paul Beeston policy when AA was GM.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
More of the same management-speak bullshit from Mark and Ross.
How can you believe anything these clowns say. Langley in this mornings Toronto Sun writes that on Jan. 3 Atkins said 2023 was just a “just a blip in terms of run scoring…I think we have plenty of power to drive in runs”. This was after his failed pursuit of Ohtani and his only pivot was Vogelbach and IKF. So what happened in 2024? The 671 runs they scored were the lowest since 1997. Before that the worst was 651 in 1982. In other words, offensively they were historically pathetic.

The man can’t judge talent and we’re running him back expecting he’ll have learned? Better chance of hell freezing over. Now he’s speaking of a more balanced approach and the coaching staff have to do better job. The man is an incompetent boob.

Reactions: Kurtz

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Find someone that loves you as much as Mark Shapiro does Ross Atkins.

9 years with 0 playoff wins and somehow dude keeps his job. ESPECIALLY after bungling what appeared to be a legitimate contending roster after 2021.

f***ing geek better at least get Vladdy signed.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I don't know what she asked, but if she could lose her job for asking terrible questions, she would have been unemployed YEARS ago.

Did Godfrey start it? Because it was absolutely a Paul Beeston policy when AA was GM.
I apologize. I had the wrong guy. It was a Besston rule. He would not approve anything over 5 under any conditions.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
How can you believe anything these clowns say. Langley in this mornings Toronto Sun writes that on Jan. 3 Atkins said 2023 was just a “just a blip in terms of run scoring…I think we have plenty of power to drive in runs”. This was after his failed pursuit of Ohtani and his only pivot was Vogelbach and IKF. So what happened in 2024? The 671 runs they scored were the lowest since 1997. Before that the worst was 651 in 1982. In other words, offensively they were historically pathetic.

The man can’t judge talent and we’re running him back expecting he’ll have learned? Better chance of hell freezing over. Now he’s speaking of a more balanced approach and the coaching staff have to do better job. The man is an incompetent boob.

Might be that the way they do projections is broken? Their projections told them Kirk, Varsho, Springer, will all bounce back. Nobody anticipated Bo to tank so badly either. Anyway, Atkins is terrible. And their whole “advanced stats” dept needs a shakeup.

Find someone that loves you as much as Mark Shapiro does Ross Atkins.

9 years with 0 playoff wins and somehow dude keeps his job. ESPECIALLY after bungling what appeared to be a legitimate contending roster after 2021.

f***ing geek better at least get Vladdy signed.

Fire all the Ivy league geeks they have working the spreadsheets also.

Reactions: DuklaNation

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
They can't be serious with some of these quotes.
I actually agree with the statement. Schneider did not directly cost the team any games this year.

I might even consider what he did to be a good job.

That being said, good job still shouldn't save his job, because he did well with kids in games that didn't matter (as opposed to earlier in the year when the team was supposed to be competing)

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I actually agree with the statement. Schneider did not directly cost the team any games this year.

I might even consider what he did to be a good job.

That being said, good job still shouldn't save his job, because he did well with kids in games that didn't matter (as opposed to earlier in the year when the team was supposed to be competing)
Yeah, I mean generally when a team heavily underperforms their pythag record (like the Jays did in 2021) a lot of blame usually goes to the manager.

But I would not call overperforming their pythag record by only 1 win this season a good managerial job. I guess you could say slightly above average if you want.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Rosie's always been a grade A b!tch. She should have been fired 30 years ago.

That question/comment is hilarious though. Sounds like she was half in the bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad