Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Specially since he was batting 2nd at the beginning of the season and the number 1 and 9 batters (Springer and KK) were not getting on base at all. Outside of the first 3 weeks Vlad was getting on base which is what you ask from a 2nd batter if there's nobody on base. Once he was moved to 3rd he started getting more RBIs specially when Horwitz was batting in front of him. He had a rough start for the first 3 weeks or so but after that he's been very good.
That's why judging players based on RBI is really stupid: it's a stat that is reliant on all kinds of factors outside of the player's control.

Vlad didn't hit for power until mid June or so, but he was still a wildly productive offensive player for a month and a half before that.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Is there a package Jays can offer the As in the winter for Rooker? He'd be a great DH. Unless you guys think that Vlad should move to full time DH.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Is there a package Jays can offer the As in the winter for Rooker? He'd be a great DH. Unless you guys think that Vlad should move to full time DH.
The jays now have a lot of players who are very close to MLB ready. I wonder if you could get there attention including guys such as Alan Roden and Addison Barger.

Still leaves you plenty of youth ready to contribute - Horwitz, Loperfido, Wagner, Jimenez, Martinez, Clase.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think Oakla---Veg---er, Sacramento? will trade him. With how their lineup shapes up right now, i think the A's are closer to being relevant than not.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I like feeling optimistic, so I’m gonna close my eyes and cross my fingers to look beyond ‘25. I’ll imagine a good recovery for Manoah and Tiedemann and Macko and a healthy development year for Yesavage and Bloss plus improved command from TJ Brock, and feel rosy about all six strong healthy arms being MLB ready to start ‘26.
Maybe sprinkle in an established Hagen Danner….and it feels pretty good.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Hagen Danner and Nathan Lukes got into a rehab game yesterday with Dunedin.
Danner K’d two in his inning. Lukes was 2-3.
I’d love to see Danner get a few games in down the stretch.
Interesting note in that game: Carter Cunningham replaced Lukes late in the game. He went 0-0 with 2 rbi. One on a sac fly, the other a bases loaded hbp.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This might be a dubious record, but the Jays organization gave up 62 runs today across 5 levels. Woof.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Baseball America are doing a State of the Organizations farm systems evaluations after the draft and deadline.

They did the AL East on August 6th and prospect writer Geoff Pontes said the Jays were bottom 5 before the draft and now are 16-20 and thinks they are closer to 16 than 20. With all the Jays injuries and suspensions, that is saying something. Add in a potential top 5 pick next year, it could be bordering on top 10 next year. Need some strong finishes this year and better 2025 from many prospects.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Another guy with an up arrow among our prospects is Peyton Williams. He's slightly old for A+ at 23, and he's repeating the level, but he's having a good year and he was drafted as a guy with 60+ power and some idea at the plate. He physically looks like Adam Dunn. Hopefully, he actually likes baseball. :sarcasm:

54g .294/.391/.477 7hr 13(2b) 33bb 49so

Though his well above-average raw power is his carrying tool, Williams also makes consistent contact, controls the strike zone and uses the entire field. A 6-foot-5, 250-pound left-handed hitter whose strength stands out more than his bat speed, he hit .335/.464/.622 with 13 homers in 54 games this spring. He has limited athleticism and must maintain his conditioning to remain at first base.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Baseball America are doing a State of the Organizations farm systems evaluations after the draft and deadline.

They did the AL East on August 6th and prospect writer Geoff Pontes said the Jays were bottom 5 before the draft and now are 16-20 and thinks they are closer to 16 than 20. With all the Jays injuries and suspensions, that is saying something. Add in a potential top 5 pick next year, it could be bordering on top 10 next year. Need some strong finishes this year and better 2025 from many prospects.
Will be interesting to see where the Jays end up drafting.

Orelvis really messed up. He’d be getting a lot of playing time right now.

I’m still not confident about the 2025 season but nice to see the farm system improve.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Another guy with an up arrow among our prospects is Peyton Williams. He's slightly old for A+ at 23, and he's repeating the level, but he's having a good year and he was drafted as a guy with 60+ power and some idea at the plate. He physically looks like Adam Dunn. Hopefully, he actually likes baseball. :sarcasm:

It took him a bit to really get going when he came back, too. He has a 144 wRC+ in Vancouver, but it's 170 in his last 200 PA.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Adrian Pinto is another guy to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta