Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Trading all these f***ing bums when they have zero value is f***ing brilliant.

Remind me why these f***ing clowns still have jobs and better yet are still allowed to trade away everytning we have.

Clown organization

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
How many other blue jays prospect “touch 100”? None.
Last year there were two players within the organization who could touch 100, Stadler and Nunez.

It appears both are within the organization this year.

Trading all these f***ing bums when they have zero value is f***ing brilliant.

Remind me why these f***ing clowns still have jobs and better yet are still allowed to trade away everytning we have.

Clown organization
Even for you, this is quite ridiculous.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
This just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. The additional pitches weren't the problem with Pearson, it was his fastball was flat. His slider graded out well and his third pitch, curveball was okay.

Early on in his career, they tried a changeup and that didn't work. This offseason they tried a spiltter with him and I assume that didn't work either.

EDIT: If his fastball wasn't flat and or he could routinely hit 100mph+ and not sit around 96-97 his secondaries would be fine.
A flat four seam fastball that’s high in the zone or above is not a problem.

He needed a change up, splitter and/or a cut fastball to force hitters to guess in the box. They should have been working on that.

We’ll see if the cubs have better luck coaching him.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
A flat four seam fastball that’s high in the zone or above is not a problem.

He needed a change up, splitter and/or a cut fastball to force hitters to guess in the box. They should have been working on that.

We’ll see if the cubs have better luck coaching him.
Did you read my post? Early on in his career, they tried a changeup, that didn't work. They tried a spiltter this offseason and it didn't work.

You claim his secondaries are an issue. You are incorrect. Teams are slugging .532 against his four-seamer.

The Cubs acquired Merryweather and he did have better success than with the Jays. Not much but he was a serviceable reliever. He's missed almost all of this year though due to an injury.

I wouldn't be shocked if Nate improved. Some guys need a change of scenery. Look at Genesis with the Jays.

Reactions: aingefan

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
For those of you who aren’t mad about tuese garbage trades are the same people who thought this team was good early on. This team and organization is a fraud. Just accept it and stop protecting the clowns

Reactions: RoadWarrior

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
For those of you who aren’t mad about tuese garbage trades are the same people who thought this team was good early on. This team and organization is a fraud. Just accept it and stop protecting the clowns
It's funny because you have routinely called Pearson garbage. Then you get pissed when the return is 'garbage'.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
One of the problems with these trades isn't that they are 'garbage' - it's that they're safe. I guess the term I'm hearing a lot these days is 'risk averse'.

Last edited:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
One of the problems with these trades is that they are 'garbage' - it's that they're safe. I guess the term I'm hearing a lot these days is 'risk averse'.
They are restocking the minors but only Clase is a real prospect. The rest of these guys are lottery tickets with very long odds at best. They seem to be focused on undersized players who might improve with a different workout or eating regimen but they are 1 in 50 shots.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
It's funny because you have routinely called Pearson garbage. Then you get pissed when the return is 'garbage'.
Oh he’s garbage forsure. However would you rather try and work with a guy that throws 100mph or take a chance on a prospect who is f***ing awful and will never make the bigs as a regular.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I like this one too honestly. IMO the best of the ones so far, and the others were ok too.
Good group of younger guys.
Paulino is holding his own in his first taste at AA but flashes power and speed.
Batista is a long way away but is a nice get.
Coffey has draft pedigree, age and some developing power on his side.
I like this deal too, along with the Garcia/Clase one.
The Pearson deal I like least, but I get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad