Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Rebuilding doesn't make sense to me. Yanks never rebuild. Boston had a bad year last year, but they are back in a playoff spot this year. TB just always reloads. They can have a bad year, then they are back up the next. Baltimore is the only one who went into the tank for a bit. I am not interested in watching a rebuilding team, especially when it's not necessary.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Rebuilding doesn't make sense to me. Yanks never rebuild. Boston had a bad year last year, but they are back in a playoff spot this year. TB just always reloads. They can have a bad year, then they are back up the next. Baltimore is the only one who went into the tank for a bit. I am not interested in watching a rebuilding team, especially when it's not necessary.
I'd like to add I sure as hell don't want Atkins doing the rebuilding. You're right. I'd rather keep Bichette and Vladdy and try to rebuild with other parts. It's been painful watching the Jays this season, imagine if we do a complete rebuild. I'm already not looking forward to seeing more of Richards and Pearson this season if we also trade Green.

Reactions: Rude Dog

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Jays have to be careful because they might be forced to do a rebuild. If they lose Vladdy and Bo that leaves two big holes. I think Bo is gone for sure. He seems to have no interest in staying. Vladdy might be asking for too much but he should be signed. If those two guys leave there is very little left on the MLB roster and in the farm system in terms of hitters.

Starting pitching Bassitt will be 36 and a FA after next season. Gausman will be 34 and Berriois 31 and his stuff has been declining in the last few seasons. All three have declined this year. Yariel looks good. Manoah and Tiedemann are question marks.

They are in somewhat of a tough position. If they trade guys like Gausman and Bassitt that might mean Vladdy won't stay. However, if they try to compete next year and fail, then they probably will have to do a rebuild. Having a shitty farm system limits them.

Reactions: aingefan

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Hopefully either the Phillies or the Yankees have young pitching prospects going the other way.

The Jays shouldn't have had to rebuild this year either but remember who the President and GM are.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Mariners writer Ryan Divish was on Blair and Barker today and said the Mariners put their best and 2nd best prospects 2B/SS Cole Young (22nd best prospect on MLB's top 100 list) and C Harry Ford (23rd) for Vlad and the Jays said no.

If that is on the table, i am trying to squeeze one more prospect out of them or ask for Montes or Celesten over one of Young or Ford and trading Vlad. That is a very fair offer.

Reactions: aingefan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
kikuchi is a pile of shit with no value anymore either. Makes 2 losers now with no value. This franchise is in horrible shape.
It sucks that he reverted to the old kikuchi of 2022. last year he was great. had some good games this year too but lately its been bad...

Reactions: shaner8989

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 1

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seems like a solid return for Garcia, although the amount of swing-and-miss with Clase is a bit concerning.

Mariners writer Ryan Divish was on Blair and Barker today and said the Mariners put their best and 2nd best prospects 2B/SS Cole Young (22nd best prospect on MLB's top 100 list) and C Harry Ford (23rd) for Vlad and the Jays said no.

If that is on the table, i am trying to squeeze one more prospect out of them or ask for Montes or Celesten over one of Young or Ford and trading Vlad. That is a very fair offer.

f*** no. That would be a disaster.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

I think if the Jays are going to trade Vlad, they're gonna need a hell of a lot more than a very fair offer.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
It's really too bad that you cant trade draft picks in baseball. yeah the draft is long but they could limit it to like the first 3 rounds.

that way you could acquire picks and scout the players yourself and not just be limited to trading for players who were already drafted as prospects.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa

Id take that for bichette. But been iniured all year or terrible so doubt anyone puts an offer like that especially with only 1 year left. Maybe if he was healthy and 2 playoff appearances. Vladdy i believe will resign. Bo no. So still hoping jays get an offer like this for him in the offseason

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Id take that for bichette. But been iniured all year or terrible so doubt anyone puts an offer like that especially with only 1 year left. Maybe if he was healthy and 2 playoff appearances. Vladdy i believe will resign. Bo no. So still hoping jays get an offer like this for him in the offseason
None of us know, but if the team isn't going to sign him they need to trade him either at this deadline or in the offseason. They need to get as much for him as possible.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Draft standings tracker: Jays currently have the 6th best odds at the 1st pick in next year's lottery at 7.5%.

We're only two wins above the Angels for 5th best odds (10%) and four above the As for 4th (14.25%).

We can totally finish lower than either of those teams, which not only gives us better odds but a higher pick overall and larger bonus pool.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Draft standings tracker: Jays currently have the 6th best odds at the 1st pick in next year's lottery at 7.5%.

We're only two wins above the Angels for 5th best odds (10%) and four above the As for 4th (14.25%).

We can totally finish lower than either of those teams, which not only gives us better odds but a higher pick overall and larger bonus pool.
Keep losing. Every win is f***ing meaningless and useless. Trade everyone, play the kids get a top pick.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
None of us know, but if the team isn't going to sign him they need to trade him either at this deadline or in the offseason. They need to get as much for him as possible.
Agreed. Cant lose bichette or guerrero for nothing

Dont forget the a's and chisox cant draft hugher than 10th so jays actually are 4th worst

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad