Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending or maybe not ... )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Vlad's trade value is being vastly overestimated by a lot of Jays fans. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that he's a big jersey/ticket seller for this team. Unfortunately for Jays fans, his realistic trade value doesn't come close to his casual appeal.

If 2 Fangraphs 50 FV propsects are actually on the table for him (I have my doubts), there is no way to say for certain you can hold onto him to 100% receive better offers later.

Last edited:

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

1722100165747.gif

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Its a disgrace that this organization is letting these f***s trade everyone. They have failed at every f***ing thing they have done for a decade…… let it continue I guess. Loser franchise

Reactions: trellaine201

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Jays really need to think beyond 2025. Holes to fill with the bats and relief pitching. The biggest issue is going to be the starting pitching. Gausman's stuff has declined.

Berrios as well

While I don't have access to a chart Bassitt's stuff has declined as well. It's not a surprise because all three are getting up there and with Berriois it's likely a lot of usage of his arm.

Ultimately going into next season, Jays have three declining arms, with very little depth to replace them. Tiedemann is done for the year and Manoah likely will miss at least half the season and relying on him isn't good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: the valiant effort

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Starting pitching is a major concern going forward and now add their best prospect as a major question mark….. like I’ve said…. This franchise is in horrible shape

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Vlad's trade value is being vastly overestimated by a lot of Jays fans. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that he's a big jersey/ticket seller for this team. Unfortunately for Jays fans, his realistic trade value doesn't come close to his casual appeal.

If 2 Fangraphs 50 FV propsects are actually on the table for him (I have my doubts), there is no way to say for certain you can hold onto him to 100% receive better offers later.

100%, and it isn’t just 2 top 50 guys, it’s 2 top 25 guys.

He isn’t the face of the franchise if he doesn’t re-sign and if he is, you haven’t won anything with him on his pre-arb and arb salaries, what makes you think you will win with him making close $30M a year, every year. That said, it has nothing to do with wanting to get rid of Vladdy, rather if he isn’t re-signed by now then you have to think the price is too much. I wouldn’t go over $200M, Blair says he is asking for close to $300M. That’s nuts.

Give me the 2 top prospects and $25-30M in payroll space vs Vladdy at that price for 10+ years and the no surplus value you are going to get out of him unless he is a perennial 4+ WAR guy.

It’s a no brainer for me. And if he truly wan to back, then sign him in free agency.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Rebuilding doesn't make sense to me. Yanks never rebuild. Boston had a bad year last year, but they are back in a playoff spot this year. TB just always reloads. They can have a bad year, then they are back up the next. Baltimore is the only one who went into the tank for a bit. I am not interested in watching a rebuilding team, especially when it's not necessary.

But elite free agents sign there, that’s the difference.

If you don’t want to rebuild that’s fine. But you have to be able to win in free agency and get big names to come here. The Jays are great at getting B+/A- UFA’s to come here but can never get that star guy to commit here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad