GDT: 2024 Rookie Tournament

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yeah but after the whistle is what really matters. Little cross checks and slashes.

Eliasson is almost comical. No matter what he’s shoving someone post whistle.

Just got walked and then took his frustration out on the opponent by punching them in the face multiple times.

No idea how he hasn't gotten multiple penalties at this point. Just incredibly stupid and undisciplined.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Boucher with the unsuccessful toe drags all game. He looks like a Pee Wee player.

Even when it works on one guy, he tries it again and gets stopped.

Nice forecheck and goal.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Boucher with the unsuccessful toe drags all game. He looks like a Pee Wee player.

Even when it works on one guy, he tries it again and gets stopped.

Nice forecheck and goal.
Not very good this game. But no injury. Seriously that’s a win.

Reactions: OD99

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Our goalie looks tiny in net. Not pro material IMO.

The team overall looks a lot better today. Sustained pressure and cutting way down on the stupid turnovers we saw yesterday. That said, they can't win with a goalie that only covers half the net.

Reactions: Icelevel

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Our goalie looks tiny in net. Not pro material IMO.

The team overall looks a lot better today. Sustained pressure and cutting way down on the stupid turnovers we saw yesterday. That said, they can't win with a goalie that only covers half the net.
All of our goalies at this event are on amateur tryouts.

Michael Simpson was on it for prospects camp, I believe. The other 2 are just to fill out the roster. 1 was just a couple of days ago when Leevi was injured.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Really strong period for Yakemchuk. He started to assert himself offensively and looked good doing it. When they had Yakemchuk out there with Halliday's line, the team could finally make some things happen.

Simpson has had a major bounce back game. He's kept this close.

I don't know how a coach could play Eliasson in any game of any significance. He's truly an idiot out there. If I'm Coach Bell, I'm benching him the rest of the way. See if he can take a f***ing hint.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
All of our goalies at this event are on amateur tryouts.

Michael Simpson was on it for prospects camp, I believe. The other 2 are just to fill out the roster. 1 was just a couple of days ago when Leevi was injured.
I thought they signed Simpson to a minor league deal. Anyway.. I don't like him.

It would've been interesting to see Leevi.. I think he would've made a big difference in these games.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thought they signed Simpson to a minor league deal. Anyway.. I don't like him.

It would've been interesting to see Leevi.. I think he would've made a big difference in these games.
I thought he was signed as well, but going by the details on the roster sheet it said Amateur Tryout.

He was good in his last 2 seasons of junior and I recall reading some really good things about him. Every goal against today has been point blank from the slot, and he has made some huge saves.

He has been much busier than the Pitt goalie.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Some of you are being way too harsh on Eliasson. The kid just turned 18 a few days ago and is still learning how to use his size and aggression effectively. His meanness and physicality is an asset, but it's going to take some time to turn into something that is calculated and purposeful.

He is nowhere near NHL ready and the scouts knew that when they picked him. He needs a lot of work but he could be a complete menace if he develops properly.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Some of you are being way too harsh on Eliasson. The kid just turned 18 a few days ago and is still learning how to use his size and aggression effectively. His meanness and physicality is an asset, but it's going to take some time to turn into something that is calculated and purposeful.

If a guy had a really, really good slapshot, but every time the puck came near him - no matter where he was on the ice or what was happening in the game - he wound up for a slapshot, would you say he's still learning how to use his shot, or would you start think maybe he's an idiot?

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
No commentary, no clock, no scoreboard is best in class lol
Yes, it is a very strange watch for sure. The caveman in me keeps reaching for the remote thinking I can somehow fix it. There was a minimal score panel (0-0, yay!) displayed in the 1st but that disappeared in the 2nd. No zooming in at all, just one very distant camera shot. With no play call it is kind of tough to figure out who is doing what to whom where.. All that said, it could be much worse… I could be forced to endure a Dean Brown everything but the damned game play call, his comedy routine. Gord I don’t mind even though he can be over the top homer wise. As for Dean, I’ve never heard a more arrogant sounding disinterested “I’m too good to be here” type game call. May be unfair but it rubs me that way. They might not be that bad if somebody upstairs would kick him in the ass, tell him to either get interested and profession or GTFO. Perhaps ownership makes changes there, not sure. And again I digress! Oh well… On to P3!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad