GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I think Warren was always a long term project, but lord is he slow footed. There was a time he was in great position, but somehow got beat wide and couldn’t push a much smaller player off the puck. I think it ended with the Avs player circling the net, but it was still a bit eye opening. We’re just going to have to be very patient with him.
This is interesting because I remember reading about him being a strong skater that was surprisingly mobile.

I might be crazy but I also vaguely remember seeing he won a speed competition for the Q or something.

All I can find is this draft report that says "His forward stride is powerful and gives him excellent top-end speed and acceleration. Warren was one of the best in straight-line speed testing at the CHL Top Prospects Game."

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Warren at 42OA was a good pick. If he turns into a 3rd pairing RHD who can defend and kill penalties then the pick is a winner. Like Gaucher, the organization values him more than the fans do.
Actually I think the fan base likes Warren a lot…. But I think 3rd pairing rhd…. Is absolute ceiling

I hope he pans out to that, but so far in my viewings he’s been rather consistently disappointing

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Actually I think the fan base likes Warren a lot…. But I think 3rd pairing rhd…. Is absolute ceiling

I hope he pans out to that, but so far in my viewings he’s been rather consistently disappointing
Like Gaucher, patience will be required and the end result is definitely not certain. But again, at 42OA the risk was worth it IMO.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I would not be surprised if the Ducks think Gaucher can make the NHL team out of camp. Jim Johnson spoke highly of him in his prospect report. Sounded like he impressed the staff after he recovered from that glute issue. I personally think Gaucher is much more suited to a 4C/PK role than Lundestrom is. The only question is if he’s ready for it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Like Gaucher, patience will be required and the end result is definitely not certain. But again, at 42OA the risk was worth it IMO.

Oh I agree on that point… he’s a project for sure…. And risking a 2nd for a rhd that fit our needs is perfectly fine.

And I’ve never had issues with gaucher pick…. Wasn’t sexy but I do think he’ll be a good depth piece in the future

Reactions: tomd

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I would not be surprised if the Ducks think Gaucher can make the NHL team out of camp. Jim Johnson spoke highly of him in his prospect report. Sounded like he impressed the staff after he recovered from that glute issue. I personally think Gaucher is much more suited to a 4C/PK role than Lundestrom is. The only question is if he’s ready for it.

This is really interesting. If Sennecke wasn't injured they would find a way to make room for him, and Luneau/Gauthier/Colangelo all will realistically be pushing for an NHL spot so the brass must be really high on Gaucher to place him above those 3 in this context.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This is really interesting. If Sennecke wasn't injured they would find a way to make room for him, and Luneau/Gauthier/Colangelo all will realistically be pushing for an NHL spot so the brass must be really high on Gaucher to place him above those 3 in this context.
Yeah, doesnt make sense

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012

Gaucher has already participated in 2 prospect tourneys and training camps. Luneau just missed a full season basically. He needs action. It's Colangelo's first training camp and Gauthier's first with Anaheim.

I don't think it means Gaucher is making the Ducks out of camp necessarily.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This is interesting because I remember reading about him being a strong skater that was surprisingly mobile.

I might be crazy but I also vaguely remember seeing he won a speed competition for the Q or something.

All I can find is this draft report that says "His forward stride is powerful and gives him excellent top-end speed and acceleration. Warren was one of the best in straight-line speed testing at the CHL Top Prospects Game."
I probably worded my OP poorly because I agree he’s a powerful forward skater. It’s more his pivots and backwards skating that seem slow to me. I mean, it was only one game where he played probably 17 minutes and he’s still clearly a physical presence on the ice.

Gaucher has already participated in 2 prospect tourneys and training camps. Luneau just missed a full season basically. He needs action. It's Colangelo's first training camp and Gauthier's first with Anaheim.

I don't think it means Gaucher is making the Ducks out of camp necessarily.

Interesting notes about Gaucher, by no means do I see him pushing for a spot on the NHL roster this season, but perhaps management has seen enough of him that they felt he’s slated where he’s slated and it was more beneficial to get a look at others.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

I agree. Gaucher is an ideal 4th liner or 3rd line grinder. Lundestr is a tweener where if he can’t make a top 6 role his value is minimal. Same thing with Sam Steel.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

He's a very good skater, his issue is that he frequently stops skating and gets caught flat footed far too often. You have be a Drysdale level skater to match guys that already have a burst of speed at this level.

Warren was totally worth the pick at 42nd, because if he hits he's a huge, mobile, and physical RHD which every team in the league covets. What's worrying is that his issues from 2 years ago are still all the same ones he has now and that he seems to have made little progress improving upon them.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's a very good skater, his issue is that he frequently stops skating and gets caught flat footed far too often. You have be a Drysdale level skater to match guys that already have a burst of speed at this level.

Warren was totally worth the pick at 42nd, because if he hits he's a huge, mobile, and physical RHD which every team in the league covets. What's worrying is that his issues from 2 years ago are still all the same ones he has now and that he seems to have made little progress improving upon them.
Ya I don’t mind taking shots on guys like Warren at 42…. If it hits it’s a huge get…. More disappointed that we havnt seen much progress in the areas I’d consider flaws for him. Hoping time in AHL will help his progress.

Going to be a packed house tho…. I’d say amongst our young players
Sure thing nhl lvl:
Minyukov, luneau, zellweger, lacombe, hinds, solberg, Vaaks , moore

Then you got the
Warren, smith, dioncicio, port, helleson etc that all have nhl upside.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ya I don’t mind taking shots on guys like Warren at 42…. If it hits it’s a huge get…. More disappointed that we havnt seen much progress in the areas I’d consider flaws for him. Hoping time in AHL will help his progress.

Going to be a packed house tho…. I’d say amongst our young players
Sure thing nhl lvl:
Minyukov, luneau, zellweger, lacombe, hinds, solberg, Vaaks , moore

Then you got the
Warren, smith, dioncicio, port, helleson etc that all have nhl upside.

It's a good thing that left shots Zell, LaCombe, and Hinds have played RD for year before going pro.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now with my football season over, really time to get into hockey. Hopefully this is streamed again.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

100% this. Warren isn't slow skating...he's processing slowly. This is why he keeps on turning over pucks and keeps on getting caught against the puck. He needs to be more alert, play with urgency, learn how to make (the right) decisions quickly both with and without the puck.

I agree that his tools are very good. He's still young so it's not too late. Having said that, I also agree that he's not trending nicely...which is concerning because it's been going on pretty much since the Ducks drafted him in 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beckett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad