GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s probably just the low camera angle, but Luneau looks like a beast out there. Certainly more imposing than he did last season.
I don't think it's just the camera. The kid was a factor in all three zones. To me he was the most dynamic player on the ice by quire a bit. Still some rookie mistakes here and there against other prospects but he showed he's on another level.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Hot take… the time missed from the infection for Luneau, helped him concentrate on lifting weights and getting stronger( blessing in disguise )And he makes the opening night roster and never gets sent down to the gulls( but unlike lacombe, he gets sheltered minutes until It’s obvious that he can handle more )

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
They weren't bad in the first period but credit to both Luneau and Gauthier who I think turned it on for the second and third periods, both looking like the best players out there for most of their shifts.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't remember the specific quote but pretty sure Etem said something along the lines of "the way he skates reminds me of Kaprizov".

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Luneau playing so well is amazing news for the rebuild. That’s easily the position we have the least amount of depth in. If he can grow into a top pair D then we are set if we can move one of our lhd to the right side.

Luneau is going to be a very good dmen for us…

Kinda disappointed Warren is looking like a long shot, but also expected it

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Luneau is going to be a very good dmen for us…

Kinda disappointed Warren is looking like a long shot, but also expected it

I think Warren was always a long term project, but lord is he slow footed. There was a time he was in great position, but somehow got beat wide and couldn’t push a much smaller player off the puck. I think it ended with the Avs player circling the net, but it was still a bit eye opening. We’re just going to have to be very patient with him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Warren was always a long term project, but lord is he slow footed. There was a time he was in great position, but somehow got beat wide and couldn’t push a much smaller player off the puck. I think it ended with the Avs player circling the net, but it was still a bit eye opening. We’re just going to have to be very patient with him.
He got overhyped on these boards because of his physical attributes and his physical natures

I just never really saw it with him, I mean there’s a lot of hope with a big physical rhd that is athletic… but he’s never impressed me.

Guys like hinds helleson and solberg look much more nhl caliber

Scary thing is we passed on luneau to grab him…. Luckily we still got luneau

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He was always a long term project and he got derailed by injuries.
Good thing is he is now in our org and if need be, he can play in the ECHL, but let's give him time. He's a large human being, he did look decent in juniors when I watched him couple of years ago.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He got overhyped on these boards because of his physical attributes and his physical natures

I just never really saw it with him, I mean there’s a lot of hope with a big physical rhd that is athletic… but he’s never impressed me.

Guys like hinds helleson and solberg look much more nhl caliber

Scary thing is we passed on luneau to grab him…. Luckily we still got luneau

The hype on Warren was warranted when drafted. He was the last of the shutdown tier group between the late teens to the 2nd round. And when he was drafted, AGM Madden said some defensemen will take longer and Warren fits that mold.

What happened to Warren after he was drafted was he has been plagued with injuries. This reminds me about Max Jones, who was drafted as a goal scoring PF late in the first round, but injuries have plagued his career since drafted. Those injuries did affect Max's development, especially his offense.

Warren's luster lost its shine with him with his D+1, but I was hoping he would bounce back. His D+2 was meh again. Still, I'll always root the best for our prospects b/c if they improve, then the Ducks will benefit for it.

As for how lucky we drafted Luneau, yes, the Ducks did gamble on drafting Luneau and look like winners now. Luneau dropped from a first round prospect due to his knee surgery affecting his D+0 play. In the 2nd round of the 2022 draft, here are the following teams that passed on Luneau twice: SJ, Seattle, Detroit, and Arizona. That should inform you two things: 1) how serious Luneau's knee injury scare was and 2) how teams were afraid of using a high 2nd round pick or middle 2nd round pick on Luneau, including the Ducks. Yet, we took the gamble in the middle of the 2nd round (partly because our next pick was in the 4th round). There could be a possibility that Luneau would have fallen into the 3rd round and the Ducks didn't have a 3rd round pick.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He was always a long term project and he got derailed by injuries.
Good thing is he is now in our org and if need be, he can play in the ECHL, but let's give him time. He's a large human being, he did look decent in juniors when I watched him couple of years ago.
I think in todays nhl you def need to be able to do more than be a physical presence… and unfortunately doesn’t seem like the rest of his game is really going to pan out.

Solberg/hinds are physical, but also show they offer more on the back end, and have better iq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad