GDT: 2024 Rookie Faceoff. Yay Hockey is back! Rookie Camp starts Sept 12th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6516.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

The Ducks announced today that the club will participate in the seven-team Rookie Faceoff tournament hosted by the Los Angeles Kings from Sept. 13-16. The tournament will coincide with Anaheim Ducks Rookie Camp, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12 at Great Park Ice (camp schedule and roster to be announced at a later date).

Friday, Sept. 13
Game 1 - San Jose vs. UHC, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Colorado vs. Anaheim, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Vegas vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Game 1 - Seattle vs. Colorado, 3:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Los Angeles, 7:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Sunday, Sept. 15
Game 1 - Vegas vs. Seattle, 1:00 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - Anaheim vs. San Jose, 4:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)

Monday, Sept. 16

Game 1 - Colorado vs. San Jose, 11:30 a.m. PT (NHL Rink 1)
Game 2 - UHC vs. Vegas, 12:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink 2)
Game 3 - Anaheim vs. Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m. PT (NHL Rink

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’ll admit that it’s annoying hearing Verbeek emphasize training/nutrition/fitness in EVERY interview he does(like he mentions it at least 3 times every single time he opens his mouth), but I am very glad that there is an emphasis being put on it in general with the young players.

I always thought that we were behind the 8 ball on that with Murray personally

It’s so important to be successful in this league

Reactions: Kalv

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Wasn't it Luneau who was complaining sometime in late spring that the Ducks wouldn't let him on the ice even though his injury woes had mostly gotten better and instead insisted that he sticks to strength training at the gym? I think that's what we're seeing here.

You don't gain that much muscle mass in one summer.
Wasn’t that drysdale? I could believe that luneau put that much on given he barely played hockey since last October

Reactions: All Mighty

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wasn't it Luneau who was complaining sometime in late spring that the Ducks wouldn't let him on the ice even though his injury woes had mostly gotten better and instead insisted that he sticks to strength training at the gym? I think that's what we're seeing here.

You don't gain that much muscle mass in one summer.

I believe it was an interview after Luneau got to play a couple of games in early Dec. Luneau was healthy from rookie tourney up to the WJC-20. Tristan got a knee infection that not only prevented him from participating at the WJC-20, but any playing any more for the rest of the year as the Ducks had intended on sending Luneau back to the QMJHL. Although Luneau probably couldn't skate on the ice, he could still live in the gym. He's been a gym rat all season last year and off-season.

Maybe the knee infection was a blessing in disguise b/c all that Luneau could do during that down time was workout. It was a fortunate circumstance for GM Verbeek b/c he projected to have Luneau be a gym rat for half the season in the NHL and then tear up the WJC as well as the QMJHL.

The physical improvement is great, but we still need to see how he performs on the ice in a real game situation. Last rookie tourney, Luneau play was too aggressive that lead to missed checks which resulted in leaving his defensive partner, LaCombe, in 2v1 situations. Essentially missing a year playing competitive hockey, Luneau will have to get accustomed to the timing of the game again as well as improve upon his game.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The org kept Luneau with the NHL club for two reasons: 1) weight lifting and 2) Luneau wasn't age qualified to play in the AHL outside of a conditional stint. Working out the first half of the NHL season did help Luneau gain mass.

Luneau's knee infection that knocked him out of the WJC-20 and the second half of his season derailed his development and hockey activity. Because Luneau only had 7 NHL games and 6 AHL games all of last season, I'd rather take the slower approach so his body can get accustomed to getting hit and the speed of the game.
I know they couldn't send him to the A. But given his age and experience the whole idea of keeping him up and playing him was pretty questionable for a GM who claims to want to marinate guys and not use them before they are ready. Verbeek seemed hell bent on getting Luneau into action in ANA.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Finally some games to watch... where we should have a better than 50% chance of winning with the number of high picks we have... Lets hope that none of our top guys get hurt from the goons... I think teams like the Kings have some 24 year old who is like 6'7... and other big/older invites...

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I know they couldn't send him to the A. But given his age and experience the whole idea of keeping him up and playing him was pretty questionable for a GM who claims to want to marinate guys and not use them before they are ready. Verbeek seemed hell bent on getting Luneau into action in ANA.

Not just Luneau. Last year, Verbeek used last year to rush other youths to the NHL club like Carlsson and Minty.

Reactions: Kalv

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
So, is there a video stream, or just the Ducks audio stream, and if so, where?
Every team will have their own video stream on their website. I’m currently watching the Sharks play Utah on the Sharks site. San Jose’s PP units have some impressive names:
Celebrini, Smith, Musty, Graf, Cagnoni
Bystedt, Halttunen, Burke, Cardwell, Dickinson

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad