Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Absolute f***ing joke this league is

The bigger joke would be the idiots allowing him to continue rather than a lack of a flag

Brissett coming in? f*** this. There goes a potentially enjoyable game down the drain.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Was there an unsportsmanlike penalty involved in that hit to Maye? For a head to head hit?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Totally missed the helmet to helmet. We complain about officiating in the NHL and NBA, but nothing comes close to the level of incompetence in the NFL.
I could be wrong but I thought there was no helmet to helmet penalty on a QB running like that. Not like in college where they have a targeting rule. Something about being a runner compared to defenseless.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
This x 1,000,000. That offensive line is so awful it couldn't protect a corpse.

Now Maye's got a head injury/concussion. Nothing could be less surprising. It's why I didn't want him starting, he was sure to get hurt.
The OLine can/does suck but if we're being honest the play Maye got hurt on is not something to blame on the Patriots as a whole. One of his strengths is mobility/running. It wasn't like the OL let a guy in on him clean and he got destroyed. He had the first down on a scramble and needs to avoid contact there.

I'm not sure how the OL is responsible for Maye getting hit 15 yards down field.
Doesn't happen often but we agree!

zero reason to watch now thanks league!!!
Throwing a flag on that play still would have resulted in Maye being out of the game and no reason to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad