Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The thing about the roster issues and blaming Belichick (who left the roster in terrible shape) is that they spent the entire off-season resigning all of Belichick's players.

Yup, and have 2 Belichick staffers in charge with Wolf in the front office and Mayo at coach. For all the blame (some deserved) they wanted to lay at his feet, they aren't exactly interested in distancing themselves from his players/hires

Reactions: EverettMike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Ruthless but accurate

I have it on decent authority Bill and BOB do not like Mayo fwiw. I’d imagine it’s because they felt they got undercut by him

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Ruthless but accurate

I have it on decent authority Bill and BOB do not like Mayo fwiw. I’d imagine it’s because they felt they got undercut by him

1) Holy shit
2) LOL
3) Simmons said Mayo was late to team meetings last year because he was busy meeting with Kraft. No wonder Belichick doesn't like him.*

*It was Lombardi who specifically said that while talking to Simmons

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't care.

He won 12 of his last 34 games.

He didn't need anyone to undercut him -- he got himself fired.
For sure, and I advocated for his firing. Everybody has a shelf life. But I’d imagine that explains why BOB immediately dipped and Bill is taking shots at him

At the end of the day this is all on Kraft’s arrogance- Mayo just seems to be a really awful coach and Kraft didn’t even make him go through a process to get the job, he just kinda handed it to him when there were good options on the market. I was willing to give him a chance- loved him as a player, he’s a fellow jiujitsu guy, I liked the idea of a culture change- but he just seems like an idiot. Seems like he’s losing the team in the same way a lot of guys from the Belichick tree lose their teams- they act like they have Belichick’s aura/track record without having the coaching resume to support it. Deflecting blame as a coach is a f***ing terrible look, especially when the 22 YO is willing to take it all on him when in reality 0% of the blame should be on him

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bill Belichick can miss me with his disingenuous criticism. Pretending like he's not the biggest reason the franchise is in toilet. He is. He even surrounded himself with the guys in charge now. If Mayo and Wolf simply suck that doesn't magically make Bill look better. It's even more of a reflection of how poor he was at the job ending with his deserved firing.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Bill Belichick can miss me with his disingenuous criticism. Pretending like he's not the biggest reason the franchise is in toilet. He is. He even surrounded himself with the guys in charge now. If Mayo and Wolf simply suck that doesn't magically make Bill look better. It's even more of a reflection of how poor he was at the job ending with his deserved firing.

IMO he isn't, Kraft is. It's pretty obvious now that Kraft has been and is meddling in the football ops side and worse is expecting to do it all on a shoestring budget.

Reactions: BradPark22

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
IMO he isn't, Kraft is. It's pretty obvious now that Kraft has been and is meddling in the football ops side and worse is expecting to do it all on a shoestring budget.
It was Kraft's idea to draft Cole Strange? Have Patricia and Judge coach offense? I agree that now the bullseye should be on Kraft but up until Bill was fired I can't put more on Kraft. I just think Bill sank the ship.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
True, but he's taken a lot of shit and at some point you had to think he was going to take some shots. Kraft and Mayo have taken them at him. Also, I give Kraft a good share of the blame for this team being in the crapper.
I know these guys haven't had much time to right the ship, but it's not off to a great start. Maybe they should focus on the job at hand and not worrying about the last guy - that's not doing anything for you. Mayo's got guys quitting on him already.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It was Kraft's idea to draft Cole Strange? Have Patricia and Judge coach offense? I agree that now the bullseye should be on Kraft but up until Bill was fired I can't put more on Kraft. I just think Bill sank the ship.

I think you're right, but I also thought what he said about those specific players not being soft was pretty fair.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Get what picks we can

I haven't noticed Josh Uche in weeks. I would think 5th round is best you will do for him and that is probably generous.

I think you're right, but I also thought what he said about those specific players not being soft was pretty fair.
Yes, that part I am fine with. No problem at all with him defending guys he has coached.

Reactions: EverettMike

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Did people expect BB to sit back and be silent? They did a whole series on how the downfall of the franchise was on him. You bet he was waiting for Mayo and Wolf to shit the bed.

Yes BB original brought them in but if Kraft was competent he would have canned everyone

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Did people expect BB to sit back and be silent? They did a whole series on how the downfall of the franchise was on him. You bet he was waiting for Mayo and Wolf to shit the bed.

Yes BB original brought them in but if Kraft was competent he would have canned everyone
Bill kept his mouth closed for a while, maybe those other guys should have done the same.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Thinking of getting a NFC team to follow. Anyone against the Packers? I like that they are non-profit owned. Kind of the Mad River Glenn of football. Plus they seem to have a lot of national games the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad