Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Drake Maye is struggling to pick up the offense and you don't want to play him because he doesn't know what he's doing yet, I can understand sitting him.

But sitting him simply because you are afraid that he's going to get pressure on half his drop backs and that's somehow going to shatter his confidence is where you lose me. If that's the case, he probably isn't cut out for the NFL anyway. Playing against an NFL pass rush is a huge part of QB development. Some can do it, some can't. Better to find out sooner rather than later and coach him/scheme from there...

Williams and Daniels are both playing behind shaky O-Lines too, but they're taking their lumps and gaining experience doing so. Maye's watching film and getting a few reps in practice with the 2s and 3s.
You want maye to be able to go through his progressions not run for his life. Play in structure. He’s still raw. Hope the OL gels a bit so that the kid has a chance to execute the offense. Williams behind that bears OL struggled. 2 picks and was saved from a 3rd via penalty. DB had position on his WR and it was an easy pick.

Reactions: CDJ

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Washington kicks 7 FG's to beat the Giants 21-18

zznyg.png

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

This is exactly right

This and those huge contracts these #1 QB picks sign- no team owner wants his most expensive asset sitting on the bench. Add to that he pressure the coaching staff is under to win- why stay with a mediocre QB who struggles to win when you've got The Next Big Thing waiting in the wings to lead you to the promised land???

The pressure to play these guys before they're really prepared is enormous.

Last edited:

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It doesnt feel like the Pats are under any pressure to start Maye. Im happy they are watchable and people know where the team is at.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
jalen hurts is a major downgrade as a fantasy football qb from josh allen on my championship team. he borderline stinks.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well, after 2 weeks, it looks like the NFC South isnt as bad of a division as a lot of people thought it would be. 2 teams are 2-0 and TB, NO and ATL all have delivered some pretty impressive road wins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What does everyone think about the Jets game?

Thursday nighter is nice no need to wait until Sunday. Probably a Rodgers coming out party but if its close and ugly I don't think we blow it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Rogers coming out party of what? What does that mean?

He hasn't played a good game yet for the Jets he's either been carted off, lost to the 49ers, or struggled to beat an awful TN team.

I don't think Breece Hall will go crazy on us it would just be Rodgers having a 4-5 TD game.

He should have a couple of them this year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What does everyone think about the Jets game?

Thursday nighter is nice no need to wait until Sunday. Probably a Rodgers coming out party but if its close and ugly I don't think we blow it.
I think Aaron Rodgers stinks and is cooked. He looks awful.

I'd be more worried about the Patriots offense giving the Jets defense points than Rodgers lighting them up at this point.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This and those huge contracts these #1 QB picks sign- no team owner wants his most expensive asset sitting on the bench. Add to that he pressure the coaching staff is under to win- why stay with a mediocre QB who struggles to win when you've got the next Big Thing waiting in the wings to lead you to the promised land???

The pressure to play these guys before they're really prepared is enormous.
I agree with most of this. But I will say this......NOBODY, not even a rookie Tom Brady, would be successful QB'ing that Carolina team right now. That team was awful last year, and is gonna be historically bad this year. Worse than the 2008 Lions.

They will have the #1 pick this year, and it looks like they will be looking for a QB. If I'm the top QB coming out of college this year, I'm seriously considering sitting out the draft, living off of my NIL money and trying again next year. Or staying in school for an additional year......

That organization is cancer and I feel bad for Dave Canales.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He hasn't played a good game yet for the Jets he's either been carted off, lost to the 49ers, or struggled to beat an awful TN team.

I don't think Breece Hall will go crazy on us it would just be Rodgers having a 4-5 TD game.

He should have a couple of them this year.
Not sure you can use the phrase "coming out party" to an 18 year veteran.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad