Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season V - Joe Castiglione announces retirement after 2024 Red Sox season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd rather have Max Fried (if he elects for free agency in November).

Edit: On second thought, let's sign both!
Fried scares me from a potential injury perspective, but I wouldn't say no.

Burnes is the guy I'd be all in on. And I'd also take a flyer on Bieber and see if he'd be able to go by mid-season.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i don’t see them spending for impact free agents and i don’t see the kids making enough of a leap next year. going to be another year of mediocrity at best.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
i don’t see them spending for impact free agents and i don’t see the kids making enough of a leap next year. going to be another year of mediocrity at best.
I agree. I doubt they are just going to flip and empty the bank account. It will be the same rhetoric with increased ticket prices.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Maybe so, but they can fix their bullpen for a reasonable cost, and I think that's exactly what they will try to do. I don't see them bringing Jansen back either, so I'd expect them to try to bring in 2-3 quality relievers. Its not sexy and the fans will whine about it, but it would be effective.

QUALITY bullpen depth and improving the defense are the 2 things I'd focus on the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad