GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

MLB totally screwed the pooch with this. Could've moved one of the games to this past Monday (mutual off day). Could've had a doubleheader yesterday. Could've moved to a neutral site (Marlins, Rays, Rangers, Brewers all on the road right now if they wanted an indoor venue). But now in all likelihood they'll have to play a doubleheader on Monday, then one of the teams (if not both) will have to travel to start their wild card series the next day (with a cross country flight to either LA or SD a possibility).

Only possible saving grace for the Mets is that it might leave the Braves no choice but to use Sale and Fried against the Royals (who are themselves fighting for their playoff lives) this weekend (and with the weather, that series might end up having a doubleheader, too) while the Mets play the Brewers, who might only have seeding to play for.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are going to have to move the Royals/Braves series. They can’t risk another rain out.

On the other hand, I’m curious about this double header, because my suggestion to the wild card series is that the first 2 games would be a doubleheader, so looking forward to seeing how that works out with two teams I wish to be made to suffer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks to some dingers and a Brewers loss, the Phillies have clinched a bye. We’ll see how into getting home field over the Dodgers they are.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Much hyped prospect Jackson Jobe, in his MLB debut, gets the last 3 outs as Tigers fans keep riding the wave of euphoria. Royals won too. Twins basically in a do or die situation as they are tied 3-3.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Watching this A's game and just soaking in the moments around the Colusium and I'm getting emotional. This reminds me of the final Coyotes game back in April. F this ownership for what they allowed to happen, and that disgusting letter.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Never really paid too much attention but which WC team does the 3rd division winner get in the WC round? The last?

Looks like it will be either KC or Detroit. Hard to say which I would prefer . Detroit is hot and Skubal is crazy good.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Watching this A's game and just soaking in the moments around the Colusium and I'm getting emotional. This reminds me of the final Coyotes game back in April. F this ownership for what they allowed to happen, and that disgusting letter.

Bad ownership indeed, also f*** the MLB for allowing this to happen.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm a Giants fan who in the last few years really stopped watching the A's, but I'm emotional today. I spent many a birthdays at the Colusium. There are so many memories I have of that place. It's kind of like Candlestick in a way. It was a dump, but it was "OUR" dump. One Man's trash is another man's treasure. I wonder if they are going to play celebration whether or not they win or lose. They should. Today is about celebrating the place and the nostalgia.

Bad ownership indeed, also f*** the MLB for allowing this to happen.

f*** everything about Manfred. I sometimes wonder if he even likes Baseball. It certainly doesn't show.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad