Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Guys it's over. I won't call this a bad season but I am growing increasingly agitated by this franchise never doing enough at deadline to get this team back into the playoffs. It's a trend.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Looking like another season of collapsing down the stretch. Only question is if they'll finish in the basement again.

To put things into perspective: They are "closer" to Pittsburgh (5 games up) with the 9th worst record than to the Royals (6GB). They are what they are what they are.

Guys it's over. I won't call this a bad season but I am growing increasingly agitated by this franchise never doing enough at deadline to get this team back into the playoffs. It's a trend.

The run differential all but gave it away over the past few weeks / months. I am ok with them collecting high pick after high pick (they basically got lucky twice in a row being gifted a top 10 prospect) until they will be true contenders (basically the Orioles way). I don't want them to take a shortcut and give it away like the Padres did. It's just become so crucial in this league as it already is in the other 3 leagues. But I just don't get why they refused for 3 straight deadlines, they could be even further along by now. Are these GMs merely book smart or is Henry the roadblock?

This season has gone better than what everybody expected. But don't make a mistake, they are really not heavily outperforming expectations. But imagine where they could be, if they had the NL Cy Young frontrunner.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Yeah, the wheels have come off. But that was more likely than the opposite. fangraphs playoff-predictions always had them in the lower 30-40% range.

Another stupid decision to be buyers at the deadline. The additions either suck or are unavailable as expected (Paxton) and they have to sign Rich Hill for the like tenth time.

The only saving grace for this team may be the farm. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, because it's hard to have any kind of faith in this front office. But sure, Mr. "pitching backwards" Andrew Bailey is a wizard and Breslow can talk smart and ambiguously.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
So we aren’t trusting the process anymore?

I am trusting the ones who have proven to know what they are doing. Like a Dave Dombrowski. Not a Chaim Bloom 2.0 in Craig Breslow who has skipped at least one, more likely two steps in becoming the Sox CBO. But he'll be an easy scapegoat when they have another disappointing season in 2025.

Pretty tough times for a fanbase to get duped by the FSG for so long. They completely mailed it in after 2018. It's cash grabbing time. They are already doing the same with Liverpool, who are also in for a reality check without Klopp, that's pretty much a guarantee.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I cannot understand why they can't win at home.

I don't get it.
1724720369397.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad