Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Sox undefeated in August. Kids go to bed with a full belly. Great win!

7GY0O4g.gif

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
if jarren duran isnt your favorite sox player rn idk what to tell you
I wish it was 1974 so Jarren Duran could be on the cover of Sports Illustrated and I could put the cover on my bedroom wall

50-20-20-30

Lets go

6.2 WAR right now

If he’s arbitration eligible he’s getting 15-20M

Reactions: dangermike

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
From Boston Globe minor league notes 8/3

Mikey Romero ~ High A Greenville

2022 first round pick (2B/SS)

In July hit 7 home runs in 19 games

Last seven days
.542 BA
.583 OB%
1.238 SLUG%

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Roman Anthony update

Future RF

Think along lines of Tony Conigliaro & Dwight Evans ability/potential

(And he’s got personality)

He went 3-4 against Erie Wednesday, with two home runs, three runs, three RBIs, a stolen base, and a walk.

His home run put him at 14 this season, the most of any Sox prospect, and one had a 116-mph exit velocity

The hardest-hit ball by any player in the organization this season, including the major leagues.

I’m a Tyler ONeill fan - he’s a very good OF who is Uber skilled but is prone to injury

Curious to see what happens

Yoshida pretty much owns DH & Refsnyder is a outstanding Platoon/defense guy who everyone loves

Looking at OF
Duran LF
Rafaela CF
Abreu RF ( he can be maddening but everytime he takes a step back he takes 2 forward - he looks like he could be a heck of a hitter and has a great arm)

System you got 3 Uber guys in OF

Anthony

MIGUEL BLEIS ~ who was summoned to Greenville High A and has been trending up

The past week he
.350 BA
.409 OB%
.750 SLG %

He’s considered best tool guy - he’s built like the Black Panther

Montgomery - their first pick

They still remain many nights the Good (hitting), Bad (pitching), & Ugly (Defense )

………

Breslow has gone on full alert to draft & trade for pitching so that should change sooner rather then later

Eventually they are going to be a 5.5 runs per game /900 runs a year offensive monster

If they can have even league average pitching and a very good closer they should be a perennial 95 win team

One bright spot to watch

HUNTER DOBBINS

I don’t know much about him - yet

A bunch of you guys probably do (I like this thread because many here have my passion and are at my knowledge or above on Sox which is a great way learn

Dobbins last Saturday against Somerset
5 no hit innings
98.5 mph max velocity
6 K 1 BB

Last night vs Erie
5 IP
6 H
2 runs
1 ER
2 BB
4 K
1 HBP
2 WP

Leads Portland in innings with 88
83 strikeouts
3.57 ERA

Hopefully he’s real deal

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is there ever been a team with more hyped up prospects than the Sox? seems year after year I read about all these blue chippers that are the envy of the league yet we continue to suck year after year unless we spend to the max to bring in real talent from other organizations.

How far off am I with this?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Have we even talked about Franklin Arias? Dude’s rocketing up
Think there’s a very real chance he ends up the best player out of everybody in the system. Better runner and defender than the big 3 and he’s already tapping into in-game power at 18. I have him 4th in the system…I think we have a big 5 now

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm gonna need Kutter to cut the shit with giving up these home runs.

Kutter, King of the long ball.

Sox made no errors and only had 6 K's. A good night.

Abreau's dinger left the park about as fast as any I've seen from any Sox hitter this season.

Wong with a 4-hit night. How many Sox catchers have had 4-hit games?

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Terrified to check how many more games the Royals and Twins have against White Sox. That alone would be enough to keep both ahead of the Red Sox.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Is there ever been a team with more hyped up prospects than the Sox? seems year after year I read about all these blue chippers that are the envy of the league yet we continue to suck year after year unless we spend to the max to bring in real talent from other organizations.

I don't know how far off you are but the prospect love from any fan base is always over the top. It's a little more annoying though when you're an alleged big market team. With that said I do want some of these guys to become legit stars.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Far off but that’s ok we still like you

Duran was a prospect
Rafaela was a prospect
Casas was a prospect
Wong was a prospect
Houck
Bello

They are loaded

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022

a little far - a lot of the hype issues come from soxprospects.com and i dont mean that in a bad way. we have more access to prospect info than most other mlb squads and that turns into groundswell

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Kutter, King of the long ball.

Sox made no errors and only had 6 K's. A good night.

Abreau's dinger left the park about as fast as any I've seen from any Sox hitter this season.

Wong with a 4-hit night. How many Sox catchers have had 4-hit games?
Crawford has dead arm ~ great stuff but he’s exceeded his innings already

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
a little far - a lot of the hype issues come from soxprospects.com and i dont mean that in a bad way. we have more access to prospect info than most other mlb squads and that turns into groundswell
I use 4-5 guys who do this for living, BBA, Fangraphs etc and when everyone is saying similar it’s likely

Gammons said he was at Futures game and a scout told him Christian Campbell going to be a star - likes him as much as big 3

During Trade Deadline show on mlb network, Steve Phillips said the Red Sox and Orioles systems envy of teams / the Orioles are father advanced than Red Sox but they are on their heels - and that Teel going to be a star

The Athletic has Mayer 2 and OA prospect

Cora said the other night Roman going to be something and smiled when asked about the logjam of players their

I’m happy about it / you guys aren’t - whatever

Do dead arms come back to life or will he need some time off?

Not like the Sox have any reasonable alternatives at this point.
They come back

I remember Rick Wise was like first time I heard that term - he was on a streak and said he’d had a dead arm

I wish Houck didn’t pitch in ASG but I’m him I want that memory even though Ohtani launched one

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Far off but that’s ok we still like you

Duran was a prospect
Rafaela was a prospect
Casas was a prospect
Wong was a prospect
Houck
Bello

They are loaded
Yeah not much to do for next season but maybe sign a #1 to bump Houck and Kutter down and pay someone to take the last year of Story. And maybe it’s ok to have him around when we break Mayer in.

Breslow was a reliever I think he’ll always give us a solid bullpen

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yeah not much to do for next season but maybe sign a #1 to bump Houck and Kutter down and pay someone to take the last year of Story. And maybe it’s ok to have him around when we break Mayer in.

Breslow was a reliever I think he’ll always give us a solid bullpen

Story has three years left.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He and Witt might be the two best overall players in baseball
Judge is 1 to me

He’s incredible

Witt younger so I would take 1
Henderson 2

Dodgers guys all 30

You were correct last week when you texted me bitching about how did the Yankees get Chisholm so cheaply

Absolutely.

I hope the Red Sox give Duran a long term contract.
They don’t have to

They control him four more years

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00