Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Either way this feels like it's setting up to be another very disappointing trade deadline

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I need someone to talk me down from this because I pulled up Priester's stats and oof.

Still only 23 so a prospect perhaps, but his ML numbers are not good.

I don't know shit about the Pirates' top 50 prospects or whatever so maybe he's going to be good. I just can't tell from the data available.
FWIW, Priester graduated from prospect status. Former consensus Top 100 prospect.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Also did I hear correctly that Trevor Story is back taking swings before Tristan Casas?

Probably thinking Bailey can work with him and right the ship there.

Nick Yorke was blocked, and frankly is probably a fringe MLB guy. Ideally they'd have included him in a bigger package but in a one for one, I make this trade 10/10 times.

I think Yorke was a Rule 5 guy too this off-season.
The shine if off of Bailey as long as we're going off how the pitching staff looks right now. Credit for early season success but not the wheels are coming off a bit.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm one of them.

If the Sox had traded Nick Yorke for a 35-year old relief pitcher on an expiring contract, I'd be pissed.

That's not what they did here.
If the Red Sox wouldn't trade a Nick Yorke type prospect for a reliever to help this team now, yikes. That's not what I am looking for. If I had to guess you don't want them to do anything of significance at deadline. Now maybe you just meant if they literally do it for a 35 year old reliever.

But is he taking swings through the power of his imagination like Casas?
Hopefully not

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Isn’t he a rental? I doubt it will be them if so. Wouldn’t mind pursuing him as a free agent though. Love that he’s gotten his career back on track, also seems like a quality dude
Rental, but I'd re-sign him immediately to a long term deal. He seems like a guy Breslow and Bailey would thrive with.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Tigers have one of the best pitching staffs in the game. They're going to make a killing on these guys at the deadline, but it underscores how abysmal their lineup is. Their infield averages an OPS+ of 68.4.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
If the Red Sox wouldn't trade a Nick Yorke type prospect for a reliever to help this team now, yikes. That's not what I am looking for. If I had to guess you don't want them to do anything of significance at deadline. Now maybe you just meant if they literally do it for a 35 year old reliever.
They're a decent-to-pretty good team that's been fun to watch. They're not at the point where they should be converting large amounts of future value into present value.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Pretty indifferent about the trade. Both former top 100 prospects and both teams thought their respective prospect wasn't going to make it. But I am going to say this: If I have to pick, I'd always take the arm over a 2B / DH type. Yorke was expendable, especially if they think higher of Meidroth.

Reactions: sarge88 and lopey

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Fredde was hammered as a starter before going to Korea ~ was very good this season but was it a mirage

The other guy is legit

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty indifferent about the trade. Both former top 100 prospects and both teams thought their respective prospect wasn't going to make it. But I am going to say this: If I have to pick, I'd always take the arm over a 2B / DH type. Yorke was expendable, especially if they think higher of Meidroth.
Meidroth stats and style are Wade Boggs ish in AAA

Boggs was even waived and not claimed

Boggs was a shooting star and I nice story early on

Wild how guys like him and Sandberg were not taken seriously

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad