OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
is there a fantasy football thread? has there ever been?
No, fantasy is discussed in here sometimes but a lot of people also don't like it because this is really supposed to be about the Jets/Giants/general real NFL discussion.

There is an NFL board here and there are fantasy threads on that.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
At least they got Olu ready to go, and not a guy who should be in the XFL like last year.
true, when people complained that they drafted a guy to be a backup in a "win now" season, I tell them don't worry he is going to play this season.

The Jets are just cursed with injuries and they added a couple guys who, while good, are already riddled with injury problems. Depth will be key.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They may be catching the 49ers at a good time. 2 Pro-bowlers missed all of camp.
Well they’re both signed and going to be in the game, meanwhile Reddick will not be.

If the Jets manage to cover the spread with no major injuries I’ll consider that a huge dub.

But I’m picturing a 45-3 blowout with 3 major season ending injuries

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Well they’re both signed and going to be in the game, meanwhile Reddick will not be.

If the Jets manage to cover the spread with no major injuries I’ll consider that a huge dub.

But I’m picturing a 45-3 blowout with 3 major season ending injuries
Game 1 can always lead to some upsets. The Jets are supposed to be a top 8 team this season with their defense. 45-3 would be nuts. Det did beat KC to open last season though. I do wonder if SF will have a super bowl hangover. Guys really did a lot of talking about money this offseason. Reddick has played great in the past but he isn't Trent Williams. Will be interesting to see how Williams plays with no camp.

BlueShirtGal

True Blue Kitty
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
Game 1 can always lead to some upsets. The Jets are supposed to be a top 8 team this season with their defense. 45-3 would be nuts. Det did beat KC to open last season though. I do wonder if SF will have a super bowl hangover. Guys really did a lot of talking about money this offseason. Reddick has played great in the past but he isn't Trent Williams. Will be interesting to see how Williams plays with no cam
Trent Williams finally signed so he has a few days to warm up!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People already doing victory dances for Barkley in Eaglesland. Ho hum, give me Nabers over him any day. He's not Barry Sanders and it's not 1995. Plus Nabers is less likely to be injured just based on position alone. People are saying the Giants will win 2-4 games because Barkley's not there anymore. But last year he had an injury riddled season and was pretty average when he played. And we won 6 games. Also, the line got revamped and Thomas is back. And we added Nabers. The Giants have more talent than people think and I think barring injuries and Jones being done (also due to injuries) the Giants are going to hover around .500, 7 to 9 wins. f*** the haters.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
People already doing victory dances for Barkley in Eaglesland. Ho hum, give me Nabers over him any day. He's not Barry Sanders and it's not 1995. Plus Nabers is less likely to be injured just based on position alone. People are saying the Giants will win 2-4 games because Barkley's not there anymore. But last year he had an injury riddled season and was pretty average when he played. And we won 6 games. Also, the line got revamped and Thomas is back. And we added Nabers. The Giants have more talent than people think and I think barring injuries and Jones being done (also due to injuries) the Giants are going to hover around .500, 7 to 9 wins. f*** the haters.
I have seen people speak about cap room in regards to Barkley for a year now. The Giants passing on Barkley has nothing to do with cap room imo. Schoen is a guy that does not believe in paying a RB more than $12 mill regardless of cap room. If the Giants wanted to they could have add another $20 mill in salaries (or more) this season. Justin Pugh did a great job showing that today. There are teams spending way more money than the Giants every year. People think the NFL cap keeps spending fairly equal but it does not because teams have figured out the cheat code and around 10 teams use it. The Eagles and Browns being the top ones. They just front load deals with bonus money and have very little salary. Then they stretch that bonus over 5 years. Then redo the deals and add void years to stretch the bonus further. They play this game figuring the cap limit will be much less 5-7 years down the road. So far it has worked to a degree. A GM has little to lose by doing this because he may not be there in 7 years anyway. The only way to do this is if you have an owner willing to spend millions more than others.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Reddick can sit home and rot.
yeah lets get mad at Reddick and not our idiot GM

Barkley will do great in Philly on account of them already having a great offensive line and tons of offensive weapons outside of him. He's a luxury player. When a fraud like Hurts can make pro bowls you know its great environment.

The Giants can not provide Saquan with the same environment to work in.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
yeah lets get mad at Reddick and not our idiot GM

Barkley will do great in Philly on account of them already having a great offensive line and tons of offensive weapons outside of him. He's a luxury player. When a fraud like Hurts can make pro bowls you know its great environment.

The Giants can not provide Saquan with the same environment to work in.

They can do great with any number of good RBs. Barkley is not Barry Sanders for producing on that team. Much like Hurts is not Mahomes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad