Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Bullpen is hot garbage. Need an alternative to Kenley. Sox about to blow a huge opportunity with every team they trail losing. If they don't pick up at least one high leverage arm they are going nowhere. Need a top starter too if they are serious but they won't go there.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
God damn is that frustrating to blow the game and then give up multiple runs in 10th

Starting to really hate this bullpen

Reactions: KOZ37

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I dont care that we lead the season series. This was a winnable game.

I don't want to see Anderson pitching again for us.

We need pen help.
you're not getting pen help when you're that close to the wild card as it is currently.... did anyone believe Paxton was going to be DFA by LA AND they still don't have Yamamoto as there equivalent to Ohtani... remember, Shohei would be a dual threat if he was healthy enough to pitch, not just be a DH.... we're in the same spot as we were going into this series.... can/will Kansas City collapse as they have overachieved as compared to 2023

Reactions: McGarnagle

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
you're not getting pen help when you're that close to the wild card as it is currently.... did anyone believe Paxton was going to be DFA by LA AND they still don't have Yamamoto as there equivalent to Ohtani... remember, Shohei would be a dual threat if he was healthy enough to pitch, not just be a DH.... we're in the same spot as we were going into this series.... can/will Kansas City collapse as they have overachieved as compared to 2023

I was just saying this.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Surely we can get someone better than Chase Anderson, no?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Surely we can get someone better than Chase Anderson, no?
at the cost of which major prospect..... think about the trades that Breslow has made in recent days and what was given up for Paxton/Jansen and then think of the depth from Salem on up or that was just added to the organization in the last 2 weeks.... remember the depth pieces that had to come from Worcester when Story went down... it's not Anderson

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
at the cost of which major prospect..... think about the trades that Breslow has made in recent days and what was given up for Paxton/Jansen and then think of the depth from Salem on up or that was just added to the organization in the last 2 weeks.... remember the depth pieces that had to come from Worcester when Story went down... it's not Anderson
I think we can do better than Chase f***ing Anderson.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
folks:

remember the suspended game vs. the Jays, well, Jansen might become the 1st player to play for both teams since he started that night and was the batter when the game was suspended

Reactions: McGarnagle

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
TODAY'S MILB/MLB schedule:

1:05: AA Hartford @ Harrisburg-NESN;
1:05: AAA-Worcester @ SWB;
5:05: AA-Portland @ Somerset;
7pm: Red Sox/Yankees ESPN

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Here's an interesting piece of trivia I discovered tonight. I was watching the " 30 for 30 " episode about the 2004 ALCS and was wondering how the Red Sox acquired Dave Roberts. And then by going over some other trades on the Sports Reference site I found out how eventually trading away Roberts helped the Red Sox acquire a light hitting infielder who would end up managing the team to their 2018 World Championship.

July 31 - 2004: LA Dodgers trade OF Dave Roberts to Boston for minor league OF Henri Stanley
December 20 - 2004: Boston trades Dave Roberts to San Diego for Pitcher David Pauley, OF Jay Payton and INF Ramon Vazquez
July 7 - 2005: Boston trades Ramon Vazquez to Cleveland for INF Alex Cora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad