Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If we're going to make up ground these next 2 weeks are vital. Royals have Phillies, Guardians 2x, Astros, and Twins coming up . We have Diamondbacks, Blue Jays, and Tigers . Gotta make up ground on KC here

The opportunity is there for the taking.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Rafaela, Duran, and Abreu being discussed as one of best young outfields in baseball didn’t see that coming

Rafaela at SS is something - he’s keeping Devers more focused

Devers has been amazing / he’s not asked to lead to us but he’s taking the younger players under his wing and showed he’s just a good caring regular guy to them and there to help them however he can

Fun team ~ different than powerhouses but as maddening as they can be you still gotta like who they are and where they are going

I’ll take the big FA stud like a Chara or Manny but give me 80% homegrown you can watch grow

The 2018 team had Betts, Bogey, Benintendi, and Devers it was looking like a multi World Series monster

They already locked up Rafaela & Bello gotta keep going

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Back-to-back excellent games from the bullpen. Seems like a miracle. That's baseball.

Whenever I start to think Hamilton isn't good enough, he does something to change my mind.

Was that really Cooper Criswell, the same guy that threw batting practice to the Orioles last week?

Rafaela seems to be able to turn up the focus in big spots.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Noon start today in Norfolk; Priester for the WooSox;

Sea Dogs trying to hold off Somerset now for the 2nd half EL Title to face Hartford (lead is 3.5); at 6 no starter named

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My lunch at 99 was surprisingly awesome. Bummer there isn’t a close one to me. $3.49 bud selects and they’re so much better than bud heavy or bl.

I’m not driving to the rotary from hell in revere for anything I hate that stupid thing more than anything so that location is a hard never visit and I’m not going to Bridge St Salem either I’ll go to the anchor bc it’s dog friendly.

Very obnoxious they tried to sell me some fundraiser stuff no wonder it’s empty now that’s just annoying.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Baseball Friday:

Sea Dogs become the Maine Lobster Bakes tonight vs. Patriots; no starter named yet;

Worcester remains in Norfolk @ 6:35; Brad Keller starts;

WC/Division: Baltimore hosts Houston; Minnesota draws the Apple TV simulcast for their game @ Target Field; KC also plays tonight;

Sox start Bello tonight vs. D-BACKS

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Wilyer Abreu

25 years old

Under the radar

Average exit velocity ~ 85th percentile

Barrels (sweet spot) ~ 83nd percentile

Hard hit percentage ~ 92nd percentile

The dude is a beast

And his arm strength is elite ~ 99th

We are talking Dewey Evans & Dave Parker

Reactions: CDJ

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Wilyer Abreu

25 years old

Under the radar

Average exit velocity ~ 85th percentile

Barrels (sweet spot) ~ 83nd percentile

Hard hit percentage ~ 92nd percentile

The dude is a beast

And his arm strength is elite ~ 99th

We are talking Dewey Evans & Dave Parker
...and he's got a .512 OPS against LHP.

I like the kid a lot, but let's pump the brakes before we start comparing him to borderline HOFers.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More from ESPN:

Danny Jansen will make baseball history Monday when he appears in the same game for both teams.

The unique scenario was set in stone July 27, when the Toronto Blue Jays traded Jansen to the Boston Red Sox -- about a month after a game between the two teams was suspended in the second inning because of severe weather at Fenway Park.

Jansen was in the Blue Jays' lineup that night and set to take his first at bat before the game was called and announced as a split doubleheader for Aug. 26.

A month later, the Red Sox, in need of a right-handed bat, acquired the veteran catcher. On Friday, Boston manager Alex Cora confirmed that Jansen will be in the lineup when the June 26 game resumes Monday afternoon at Fenway.

"Yeah, he's catching," Cora told reporters. "Let's make history."

Reese McGuire had been Boston's catcher for the June 26 game but was designated for assignment after the trade. He is not currently on the Red Sox's 40-man roster and is now with Triple-A Worcester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad