Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sox win tonight and Twins beat KC they are tied for last WC

The Sox and Royals are tied 9 over

Lugo for KC arm looks like about to fall off

Sox adding Slaton, Casas, getting Duran back and just got Martin

Story & Hendricks protecting by end of month

Sox go 5-3 next 8 they are 10 over and playing teams they could regularly get 6 or more runs a game rest of way

Be 10 games over and get on a run

No reason can’t

Last edited:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Dude, that "heckle" was so tame. If anything, he is the king of hecklers because as a Houston fan he got the Red Sox best player suspended for two games during a playoff push.

I hope Durran doesn't attend any softball games, he would lose his mind with the heckling. @LSCII will back me up.
I hear you. His reactions to a mild heckle is telling.

Doesn’t change the fact that hecklers in general are fkg attention deprived clowns.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So Kristian Campbell might be better than them all lol

Ridiculous

This is 1970-1975 stuff when the Red Sox brought up
Fisk
Evans
Cooper
Oglivie
Burleson
Rice
Lynn
Stanley

They probably in the offseason need to figure out where and how to get a top starter

The best part is listening to scout guys say the Red Sox group from scouts to player development has been together a long time - many Theo guys and work as a team and really are good at this

Theo, Dombrowski, Bloom, Breslow - they are all working with this foundation of evaluators

Worcester soon could have
Casas
Teel
Anthony
Mayer

All in lineup

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Sox go 5-3 next 8 they are 10 over and playing teams they could regularly get 6 or more runs a game rest of way

No reason can’t
we have the tie breaker over the Royals as well.... Dobbins for POR tonight in gm 3 of 7 @ Binghamton; Fitts for Worcester vs. LHV

Reactions: DKH

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So Kristian Campbell might be better than them all lol

Ridiculous

They probably in the offseason need to figure out where and how to get a top starter
This is 1970-1975 stuff when the Red Sox brought up
Fisk
Evans
Cooper
Oglivie
Burleson
Rice
Lynn
Stanley

The best part is listening to scout guys say the Red Sox group from scouts to player development has been together a long time - many Theo guys and work as a team and really are good at this

Theo, Dombrowski, Bloom, Breslow - they are all working with this foundation of evaluators

Worcester soon could have
Casas
Teel
Anthony
Mayer

All in lineup

No probably about it.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

No reason can’t
We need O'Neill back, badly for that extra power in the lineup.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yup
I would
We need O'Neill back, badly for that extra power in the lineup.
like to keep him on an extension with that power right bat and defense

They love Refsnyder and he’s added pull air power

Duran L
Rafaela R
Anthony L
Abreu L
Refsnyder R platoon

This kind of how it looks going forward

I’d still like to get O’Neill in there

Yoshida probably owns DH although he’s at least looking like more dangerous hitter these days

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Crawford perfect right up until I typed the word "perfect."

I literally am not joking.
My GF took the coat I brought out of my hands bc she said I was crumpling it and put it with hers and the perfect hitter ended it was her fault. I was very comfortable holding my phone, wallet, and jacket all together didn't want to put the latter 2 in my pocket.

When Casas and O'Neill returns, our lineup will be so potent:

Duran cf
Yoshida dh
Devers 3b
O'Neill lf
Casas 1b
Wong c
Abreu rf
Rafaela ss
Hamilton 2b
Yoshida is slower than Mo Vaughn. He should have been thrown out at home on the first run. I'd like him to hit 8 honestly he should be moved from the 2 hole.

Nice evening. We were supposed to go to the MFA before but its closed every Tuesday very annoying. Restaurant week in Boston is awesome so many good places 1/2 price of what they would normally cost we were going to do Hotpot but went Capital Grill instead with all that time to kill.

It sucks there is no more movie theater by the T stop. Saw tons of good things there over the years and always a fun crowd for comedies and those types of movies. No way that place was struggling those theaters were always full. Hope it reopens.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
When Casas and O'Neill returns, our lineup will be so potent:

Duran cf
Yoshida dh
Devers 3b
O'Neill lf
Casas 1b
Wong c
Abreu rf
Rafaela ss
Hamilton 2b
Story will probably be back and he’s kind of there leader ~ they need to get 10 over because the potential is to go 15-5

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Kiley McDaniel just released his " Mid-Season top 100 MLB Prospects " list and 4 Red Sox prospects made the list including 2 in the top 10. :thumbu:

5. Marcelo Mayer, SS, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 21.7
Mayer is now looking like the guy the Red Sox were expecting when they took him No. 4 overall in the 2021 draft. He projects for 20-25 homers at peak with at least average on-base skills and a steady glove at short.

7. Roman Anthony, RF, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 20.2
Anthony has plus power and patience, solid enough bat-to-ball skills, and is athletic enough to play center field if needed.

34. Kyle Teel, C, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 22.5
Teel and Ballesteros are young catchers; they notoriously don't develop as expected. Teel is average-to-above at everything except for running, while Ballesteros is on the catcher/first baseman spectrum with some Alejandro Kirk vibes but hits lefty and has plus power.

54. Kristian Campbell, 2B, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 22.1
Campbell was a prospect I knew well living in Atlanta as he went to high school in the area and played at Georgia Tech. In 2023, I found myself talking scouts into turning him in -- they didn't want their team to draft him at all, so they didn't even put in a report. I saw plus-plus contact skills and surprisingly good exit velos despite a swing that needed a full rework, along with at least average speed that occasionally flashed plus and the ability to play the infield; I ranked him 88th in my midseason draft rankings before moving him down as scouts told me he wouldn't go close to that high. They were right as he went 132nd overall and I ranked him 186th (pretty close, considering the dozens of unsigned high schoolers I ranked ahead of him).

The swing rework by the Red Sox, while still a little awkward looking, has paid dividends much more quickly than expected. His attack angle is much steeper and he's swinging really hard, so his contact rates are slightly below average, but his pitch selection is solid, and his exit velos are plus along with his now consistently plus speed (14 homers, 20 steals this year). He's also still playing shortstop and should be doing it a good bit down the stretch this year. One rival exec called him "mysterious" because of how so many teams misevaluated him a year ago and still aren't sure what he is now. He's raking at Double-A while being age appropriate for a prospect and could be a shortstop with enough on-base skills, plus power and plus speed.

It's worth noting for Red Sox fans that I started this process and published my recent farm system rankings thinking Campbell would sneak on the end of this list, so his landing here after getting more feedback is a roughly $15 million adjustment of prospect value. Since Boston was 10th in those rankings, at the back of a tightly grouped pack of teams, the Red Sox have now moved up to sixth and will be fifth when James Wood (from the currently fifth-ranked Nationals) graduates later this month.

Also - a couple of Red Sox prospects made his " notable risers " list.

Franklin Arias, SS, Boston Red Sox/Low-A, Age: 18.7
Jhostynxon Garcia, CF, Boston Red Sox/High-A, Age: 21.7

Full rankings list: Who leads MLB's next wave of stars? Updated top 100 prospect rankings

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Kiley McDaniel just released his " Mid-Season top 100 MLB Prospects " list and 4 Red Sox prospects made the list including 2 in the top 10. :thumbu:

5. Marcelo Mayer, SS, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 21.7
Mayer is now looking like the guy the Red Sox were expecting when they took him No. 4 overall in the 2021 draft. He projects for 20-25 homers at peak with at least average on-base skills and a steady glove at short.

7. Roman Anthony, RF, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 20.2
Anthony has plus power and patience, solid enough bat-to-ball skills, and is athletic enough to play center field if needed.

34. Kyle Teel, C, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 22.5
Teel and Ballesteros are young catchers; they notoriously don't develop as expected. Teel is average-to-above at everything except for running, while Ballesteros is on the catcher/first baseman spectrum with some Alejandro Kirk vibes but hits lefty and has plus power.

54. Kristian Campbell, 2B, Boston Red Sox/AA, Age: 22.1
Campbell was a prospect I knew well living in Atlanta as he went to high school in the area and played at Georgia Tech. In 2023, I found myself talking scouts into turning him in -- they didn't want their team to draft him at all, so they didn't even put in a report. I saw plus-plus contact skills and surprisingly good exit velos despite a swing that needed a full rework, along with at least average speed that occasionally flashed plus and the ability to play the infield; I ranked him 88th in my midseason draft rankings before moving him down as scouts told me he wouldn't go close to that high. They were right as he went 132nd overall and I ranked him 186th (pretty close, considering the dozens of unsigned high schoolers I ranked ahead of him).

The swing rework by the Red Sox, while still a little awkward looking, has paid dividends much more quickly than expected. His attack angle is much steeper and he's swinging really hard, so his contact rates are slightly below average, but his pitch selection is solid, and his exit velos are plus along with his now consistently plus speed (14 homers, 20 steals this year). He's also still playing shortstop and should be doing it a good bit down the stretch this year. One rival exec called him "mysterious" because of how so many teams misevaluated him a year ago and still aren't sure what he is now. He's raking at Double-A while being age appropriate for a prospect and could be a shortstop with enough on-base skills, plus power and plus speed.

It's worth noting for Red Sox fans that I started this process and published my recent farm system rankings thinking Campbell would sneak on the end of this list, so his landing here after getting more feedback is a roughly $15 million adjustment of prospect value. Since Boston was 10th in those rankings, at the back of a tightly grouped pack of teams, the Red Sox have now moved up to sixth and will be fifth when James Wood (from the currently fifth-ranked Nationals) graduates later this month.

Also - a couple of Red Sox prospects made his " notable risers " list.

Franklin Arias, SS, Boston Red Sox/Low-A, Age: 18.7
Jhostynxon Garcia, CF, Boston Red Sox/High-A, Age: 21.7

Full rankings list: Who leads MLB's next wave of stars? Updated top 100 prospect rankings
Garcia's nicknamed the Password

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad