Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season IV - Red Sox swept by the Blue Jays today and are now 29-37 at home.....

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Once the double play wasn’t turned I knew the 3 run homer was inevitable

They simply didn’t deserve to win yesterday, it would have been a miscarriage of justice by the baseball gods if they had

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Bryan Gonzalez is quietly putting up some nice power numbers in high A ball
17HR
49RBI
.809 OPS

All of this in 260 at bats.
Salem or Greenville ARE THE 2 A League teams Portland draws from depends on what WOR/BOS need..... no starters named yet in Binghamton or at Polar yet.... even though both teams won last night.... Pivetta starts the grueling jaunt to BAL/HOU tonight

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Could six-inning minimum starting pitcher rule come to MLB?​

THE PRIMARY GOAL of a minimum-innings rule would be to immediately restore the prestige of the starting pitcher. Fans would be able to tune in to a game knowing that he would be on the mound for the majority of it.

... MLB acknowledges that adding such a rule would not be as simple as forcing every starter to pitch at least six innings every time out -- exceptions would have to be included.

The objective is to prioritize starting pitching, not to leave a struggling starter in to reach the innings threshold while his ERA skyrockets or at the risk of injury. So the league's conversations have included carve-outs, instances when pitchers would not have to pitch the required six innings. Some instances when a starter would be allowed to leave early might include:

He throws 100 pitches

He gives up four or more earned runs

He gets injured (with a required injured list stint to avoid manipulation)

Outside of those exceptions, pitchers would have a mandate to make it through at least six innings. That would force teams to rethink their pitching staffs to meet the new standards. ...

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Could six-inning minimum starting pitcher rule come to MLB?​

THE PRIMARY GOAL of a minimum-innings rule would be to immediately restore the prestige of the starting pitcher. Fans would be able to tune in to a game knowing that he would be on the mound for the majority of it.

... MLB acknowledges that adding such a rule would not be as simple as forcing every starter to pitch at least six innings every time out -- exceptions would have to be included.

The objective is to prioritize starting pitching, not to leave a struggling starter in to reach the innings threshold while his ERA skyrockets or at the risk of injury. So the league's conversations have included carve-outs, instances when pitchers would not have to pitch the required six innings. Some instances when a starter would be allowed to leave early might include:

He throws 100 pitches

He gives up four or more earned runs

He gets injured (with a required injured list stint to avoid manipulation)

Outside of those exceptions, pitchers would have a mandate to make it through at least six innings. That would force teams to rethink their pitching staffs to meet the new standards. ...
Not a fan of this.

I get the sentiment, but this is not an improvement.

Reactions: Mione134

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NOTHING yet as to who starts in Binghamton for Portland tonight; if the weather clears in Worcester (see the OT thread) Hagenman starts there and Jack Edwards will make an appearance tonight @ Polar.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
yeah I know.

And I mean…too little..because he’s Trevor story. Good chance even when healthy he doesn’t move the needle to the extent the team needs.
The only thing he can probably provide is good defense. Had we not had any errors last night, we win. It cannot be over stated that we need good defense to win games. Getting Casas back at 1st will help. And Story will help the infield not f*** up these easy double plays or ground balls.

Reactions: Mathews28

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
boston needs those reinforcements asap (casas, grissom, any pitcher idc). lineup is exposed with all these strikeouts, rotation is hanging on by a thread, bullpen is a ticking time bomb.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I figured Dick Mountain would be coming back. We need somebody lol.

The umps screwed us tonight and I'm sad.

Kids are starving

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I figured Dick Mountain would be coming back. We need somebody lol.

The umps screwed us tonight and I'm sad.

Kids are starving
the starving teams are the parent club and Worcester.... who lost to the IronPigs 4-1; the hottest team in the organization is AA Portland who won again in Binghamton 5-3 and is 19-2 IN THEIR last 21

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad