Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - Red Sox owner John Henry has no plans to sell team: ‘We generally don’t sell assets’

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Duran has 10-11 triples before the All Star break. That's pretty impressive.
In 2-4 years they could have the following homegrown talent starting.
Considering how awful their rep is for developing players!!, it's a pretty good list
Duran - Cedanne - Anthony= OF(Abreu was a trade piece from KC but great future), M Bleis is rising as well.
Casas- Mayer - Yorke - Devers = IF
Teel = C

Bello - Crawford - Houke, maybe more as SP if some of the A ball pitchers figure it out.

Reactions: DKH and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Another win. Kids eat good!

Duran needs to be an All-Star.

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Game 3 of the CWS tomorrow night. As an A&M alumni (Class of ‘90), I’ll be switching between that and Game 7 of the SCF tomorrow night. Gig ‘em, Aggies!

That said, college baseball games these days, are horrifically over-managed. Today’s game ended up 4-1 and it took over 3 and a half hours to finish. Also, I’ve never seen so many pitching changes in the middle of a count, as I’ve seen in the last 2 days. Last night, a pitcher got pulled in the middle of an AB with a 2-2 count. That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The transformation of Duran has truly been incredible. Even the most mild mannered people on here were basically ready to pull the plug on him a couple years ago. What a turnaround. Has matured a ton. I hope Casas follows same path!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There's a difference between immature and quirky.

I don't think Casas is immature.
I could meet in the middle with you. He's more than just quirky. But, I think he can hit. Would be nice to actually get him back on the field. I think his presence in the lineup could elevate them to a sure fire WC team.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
This team has exceeded my expectations so far, especially the pitching.
We have Hendricks, Story,Whitlock,Grissom,Giolito and Casas all on DL still.

With the big three of Mayer/Teel and Anthony progressing nicely, we will be in great shape in 1-2 years to make the playoffs consistently.
All three should be promoted to AAA within the next 30-45 days.
Yorke has been raking in AAA since his call up.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There's a difference between immature and quirky.

I don't think Casas is immature.
Duran also has mental health issues and was thinking about sussical the musical thoughts (if you get my drift).

It's why he writes on his taped wrists "stay alive".

He's a good kid who had made a great recovery and a really good player. Rooting hard for him.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I have been following a minor leaguer, Alan Roden for the past few years. He is a distant family friend who played for the Upper Valley Nighthawks in 2021.

He went to Creighton and was able to graduate with a degree in physics, then got drafted by the Jays with a sweet 500k signing bonus. Just got called up to AAA last week!

Not a lot of power but he is very smart so I bet he is pouring over those analytics.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Maybe Teel.

Not so sure about Mayer and Anthony just yet.
Mayer is raking at AA, has nothing more to prove at that level.
With 258 games in the minors, I think he is ready.
The only way he going to improve is to face better pitchers.
Last year was a lost year for him with the shoulder injury, which sucked, he might be in AAA now.
We are looking so strong up the middle, with the way Wong is playing / Duran or Rafaela in CF and the young kids on the way.
A very optimistic time to be a Sox fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad