Screenshot_20240328_125134_Twitter.jpg

I did.

Reactions: bruins19

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I know it’s only June, but they are under .500 and have now dropped two in a row to a team that had a 14 game losing streak. Wake up, Sox!!
This team isn't even *bad*. If they could just be consistent with the pitching AND hitting, they'd be better than their record indicates.

But alas.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:oops:

During our various in-person discussions, Henry had a tendency to answer my questions with a simple “yes” or “no”, even when I made relatively benign inquiries about his hobbies. At one point, his wife Linda, the CEO of another institution owned by Henry, the Boston Globe, gently prodded him to open up a bit more. (He conceded that he enjoys collecting cigars.) Close friends and colleagues confirmed that Henry is not particularly given to loquaciousness.Many of them found this to be a strength. “Ownership comes in every different flavour of ice cream you can imagine,” said Blank. “But I do think the owners . . . the ones that are listened to the most are the ones who listen the most.” A few people I spoke to found his elusiveness to be a demerit. “That’s part of John Henry’s problem these days. He’s been in town for 22 years, and he’s still a stranger,” said John Harrington, chair of the Boston-based Yawkey Foundation and former custodian of the Yawkey Trust, from which Henry bought the Red Sox. “If you ask around town now, you’re gonna find most people don’t have a good fix on him . . . I think he doesn’t mind that.”

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
:oops:

During our various in-person discussions, Henry had a tendency to answer my questions with a simple “yes” or “no”, even when I made relatively benign inquiries about his hobbies. At one point, his wife Linda, the CEO of another institution owned by Henry, the Boston Globe, gently prodded him to open up a bit more. (He conceded that he enjoys collecting cigars.) Close friends and colleagues confirmed that Henry is not particularly given to loquaciousness.Many of them found this to be a strength. “Ownership comes in every different flavour of ice cream you can imagine,” said Blank. “But I do think the owners . . . the ones that are listened to the most are the ones who listen the most.” A few people I spoke to found his elusiveness to be a demerit. “That’s part of John Henry’s problem these days. He’s been in town for 22 years, and he’s still a stranger,” said John Harrington, chair of the Boston-based Yawkey Foundation and former custodian of the Yawkey Trust, from which Henry bought the Red Sox. “If you ask around town now, you’re gonna find most people don’t have a good fix on him . . . I think he doesn’t mind that.”

To me he seems no different than those hacks who ran the expos into the ground

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This team isn't even *bad*. If they could just be consistent with the pitching AND hitting, they'd be better than their record indicates.

But alas.
Winckowski is the best pitcher in the system IMO and hes in Worcester we have plenty of pitching. Hitting is different but we are pretty set at a few spots like 3B or Catcher maybe even OF.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
With Devers and O'Neill out now, today's matchup with the other Bad Sox may be the worst major league lineups facing each other this season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Duran 10th triple

Is he fast - yowza

Get
Duran
Devers
Casas

They can score some runs

Reactions: Mione134

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Defense looking like last years all of a sudden. Bleh. I cringe thinking about what's gonna transpire in the next couple series against the Phillies and Yanks.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've been pretty out of the loop with this team recently but if they drop this game and lose 3/4 to the White Sox, it's beyond over

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
3 errors and we managed to get ourselves back in there and win.

Good stuff.

Duran is an all-star in my book

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad