13. Boston Red Sox

Top 5 prospects:

Learn more →

• Marcelo Mayer (SS)
  • Roman Anthony (OF)
  • Kyle Teel (C)
  • Miguel Bleis (OF)
  • Wikelman Gonzalez (RHP)
The Red Sox need pitching, and although only one of the team's top-five prospects is a pitcher, their farm system is still set up for success in the long run. Not only are the team's top-three pitching prospects each scheduled to reach the Majors over the next three seasons, but Wikelman Gonzalez led all of the minors in strikeout rate last year.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

This just made me sad

Things like this are the reason why I kept my mouth shut initially after Lucchino died, because I would have used the opportunity to vent my anger and disgust over the bone headed decisions he made over the years. This being among the top. The moving and rebranding of the Pawtucket Red Sox to the Worcester Red Sox took a team that had some unique identity that was different from its major league affiliated club to being a soulless corporate carbon copy. Something that is way too common in modern sports now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wikelman has been very bad this year, I don’t think USA Today knows what it’s talking about. I have him as the 4th best pitching prospect at best (i like Perales, Fitts, and Sandlin more at the very least)

Reactions: GatorMike

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Things like this are the reason why I kept my mouth shut initially after Lucchino died, because I would have used the opportunity to vent my anger and disgust over the bone headed decisions he made over the years. This being among the top. The moving and rebranding of the Pawtucket Red Sox to the Worcester Red Sox took a team that had some unique identity that was different from its major league affiliated club to being a soulless corporate carbon copy. Something that is way too common in modern sports now.
I have never met a person who did not enjoy McCoy Stadium

To be fair Lucchino had a deal done in Rhode Island and needed one politician to sign off on it but the Curt Schilling 38Studios debacle killed it.

Charlie Baker 'found' money to clinch the deal for Worcester.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I have never met a person who did not enjoy McCoy Stadium

To be fair Lucchino had a deal done in Rhode Island and needed one politician to sign off on it but the Curt Schilling 38Studios debacle killed it.

Charlie Baker 'found' money to clinch the deal for Worcester.
didn't the USL Rhode Island FC end up there?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

This just made me sad

I attended several PawSox games there in the 70s. I had a distant cousin who played for the Mets' AAA affiliate & his dad always got tickets for us. Nice little ball park to take in a game.

f*** Tom Werner. Excuse me, f*** Larry Lucchino. Hell, f*** both of them. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad