Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: Ángel Hernández to retire: Much-maligned MLB umpire calling it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Currently slashing .177/.208/.275/.482 for the Seibu Lions, but there's always an adjustment period when you move to a more challenging league.
Never gets old.

😂

Anyone know the Sox even played tonight?

Four wins in a row and a sweep at the Trop.

Where is Red Sox Nation?

I’m enjoying the season.

Might head to Fenway for one this weekend, which will likely be the start of a 5-14 run, but screw it…I need something to do.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
This team with the production they are getting from the top of the lineup and pitching staff might just need one more bat to be competitive for a playoff spot. I just don't think you can have 6-9 of the lineup almost every night batting near or below the Mendoza line and be consistent and this team will keep flirting with .500 if they don't add anyone. With 5 of their top 16 prospects eligible for the Rule 5 draft in December, Breslow should be aggressive to help the team now knowing they have the pieces to sell if they aren't by the deadline.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This team with the production they are getting from the top of the lineup and pitching staff might just need one more bat to be competitive for a playoff spot. I just don't think you can have 6-9 of the lineup almost every night batting near or below the Mendoza line and be consistent and this team will keep flirting with .500 if they don't add anyone. With 5 of their top 16 prospects eligible for the Rule 5 draft in December, Breslow should be aggressive to help the team now knowing they have the pieces to sell if they aren't by the deadline.
I think they’ll have a little bit of a 40 man jam this offseason, I am hoping they offload a few guys they would otherwise need to protect in the rule 5 to try to improve the team into a wild card spot

A sweep at the Trop feels weird, I like it!

Exciting news

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Duran I think on 81 EBH pace (I’ll take 70 and be ecstatic )

If my math right he’d have only 10 homers but 71 combined doubles & triples

30 something stolen bases

Improving defense

I recall posting here that I never wanted to see Duran in a Red Sox uniform again.

Now he's the best reason to watch the Sox.

I've been here lol

Indeed, your loyalty can never be questioned.

Reactions: Mione134 and CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Like a Casas? Or Yoshida?

Reactions: sarge88

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Not to beat a dead horse but the Phillies are an MLB best 35-14. Year 4 of Dombrowski. It's almost like they are getting better and better. But sure, fire him less than a year after a record setting WS victory!
They have a talented team, for sure. It was a mistake by the Sox to fire a sure-bet Hall of Famer. However, I'm not willing to trumpet the Phillies' record just yet. They've won these games because they're supposed to win them. They've only played three games against a team with a winning record this season, which were the Reds in the first series of the year. The Reds were 2-1 after the series. The Reds no longer have a winning record and no team they have faced in April and May currently have a winning record. San Diego is the only team on the Phillies' schedule with a .500 record. One team (Giants) is one game below .500. One team (Rangers) is two games below .500. Those are the best that the Phillies have faced.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They have a talented team, for sure. It was a mistake by the Sox to fire a sure-bet Hall of Famer. However, I'm not willing to trumpet the Phillies' record just yet. They've won these games because they're supposed to win them. They've only played three games against a team with a winning record this season, which were the Reds in the first series of the year. The Reds were 2-1 after the series. The Reds no longer have a winning record and no team they have faced in April and May currently have a winning record. San Diego is the only team on the Phillies' schedule with a .500 record. One team (Giants) is one game below .500. One team (Rangers) is two games below .500. Those are the best that the Phillies have faced.
Yep. We aren't even 1/3 of the way through the season yet. Way too early to be picking playoff contenders. Check back in at the end of July. Things should clear up considerably by then.....

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yep. We aren't even 1/3 of the way through the season yet. Way too early to be picking playoff contenders. Check back in at the end of July. Things should clear up considerably by then.....
I don't think anyone is expecting the Phillies to not be a playoff contender. Same goes for any team that gets out to that hot of a start regardless of opposition.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This might be the worst call I've seen.......ever. Runner at second called out for obstruction, to end the game. Wow. White Sox have it hard enough, without having to deal with this kind of umpiring bullshit...1st & 2nd, 1 out, in a 2 run game. In the words of Jack Buck…..”I don’t believe, what I just saw….”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mione134

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I know that they are not even at the 33% mark of the season but hands up as to who had Connor Wong at this point leading the team with a .344 average, 2nd in hits with 42, tied for 4th with 4 HR and 5th with 18 RBI. Yeah - me neither. :laugh:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This might be the worst call I've seen.......ever. Runner at second called out for obstruction, to end the game. Wow. White Sox have it hard enough, without having to deal with this kind of umpiring bullshit...1st & 2nd, 1 out, in a 2 run game. In the words of Jack Buck…..”I don’t believe, what I just saw….”

Robot umps.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad