GDT: 2024 Prospects Challenge, 9/13-16 at Harborcenter (BUF, BOS, CBJ, NJ, OTT, PIT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Buffalo had their chances, just couldn't get the puck past their goaltender.

Interesting game, good to have hockey back and get a look at some of these prospects.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo had their chances, just couldn't get the puck past their goaltender.

Interesting game, good to have hockey back and get a look at some of these prospects.

Indeed. It felt like a bit sharper execution and this goes in their favor. As Tatanka pointed out, the big people played up to their size which is nice to see.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I've had to watch the games on my phone, which makes it hard to take part in this thread while I watch. (Wish they would stream on youtube!)

Biggest takeaways so far:

Kulich. I've been critical of his 2-way game and play driving ability the last couple years. He has met my hopes for that part of his game and then some so far. I'd even go as far as to say, maybe he can play center in the NHL? Still think his best position will be winger eventually, but he's been impressive.

Ostlund. I really hope they play Ostlund at C in Rochester. I continue to love his game and see him as a really good two-way center who can play in any situation. Still needs to work on his strength, but you can see progress. To me, he is an NHL player within the next couple years, and a good one.

Wahlberg has been solid. Want to see him develop his offensive skills in rochester for a bit.

Helenius looks like a young player with a lot of potential.

Nadeau - surprised how much I've liked him in these 2 games. Maybe he is a good 2-way player and net front presence after all?

Rosen - I may take heat for this. I have seen some praise for him. I haven't been very impressed. Too lax on and off the puck. Certainly has enough skill, skating, and hockey sense to be a player. I'd love to see him play with more urgency.

Johnson has shown some good stuff, also some mistakes. Not going to overreact. Still like his profile as a 3rd pairing guy.

Novikov/Komarov - lumping these guys together because I honestly don't know what to make of them yet. Both have real promise as NHL dmen, but will they put it all together?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For reference, Calisti is signed for Jax so this is someone from within the organization. Tiny but an excellent skater from what I remember of him in the OHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Calvert was Savoie's most frequent winger in Moose Jaw after he was traded up there if anyone is wondering. Or not wondering.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Twice Ostlund has used his speed to contest and win pucks, one early on the RW boards, now down the LW side with a feed to Helenius in front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad