2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
The media call them Utah HC
Could call them the Johnny Utah’s?

1726593320836.jpeg

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Proof that winning solves attendance issues, even if in poor location. IMO that arena is in a worse area than Ottawa and Arizona were... and had similar problems when they sucked. When they started winning, fans found their way there.
Just look at Everton FC right now if you want to talk about how disastrous a bad ownership can be.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yep, they're going the whole season as Utah Hockey Club. Not a big deal they'll just refer to them as "Utah."

I imagine the team name will be announced at some point during the season to garner interest. But we won't see uniforms until summer 2025 at the earliest.

It is a big deal. It’s extremely schlocky. And yes, there is so much scar tissue from other embarrassment, but you’d think they’d want to turn the page. Apparently not. Why not just let the stink that they came from hang in the air longer.

If they want to be “hockey club” now, they should always be referred to that way. By being ok being called “hockey club” now, they forfeit the right to be called something else.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
A guy named Chris Patrick is the Capitals gm? There's stories from around the league either that are too boring to care about or I just missed.

What are some stories that you guys are interested this upcoming season?

Leafs and Oilers losing in the playoffs always are top 5 priority for me

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A guy named Chris Patrick is the Capitals gm? There's stories from around the league either that are too boring to care about or I just missed.

What are some stories that you guys are interested this upcoming season?

Leafs and Oilers losing in the playoffs always are top 5 priority for me
Oh, I didn't know McLellan essentially bailed.

Honestly I'm not trying to be a dick (this time) but I'm not all that interested in many stories outside of "What in hell will the Avs do to deal with their massive cap crunch?"

Reactions: Metallo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad