Prospect Info: 2024 prospect tournament in LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
ethan cardwell (who i have not googled until now) looks very similar to this youtuber my girlfriend watches

1726265769014.png

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
A preseason thought: I dislike the term "coincidental penalty" because it refers to the rarer meaning of "coincidence" (meaning to occur at the same time, co-incidence) and contradicts the more common meaning of "coincidence" which is to mean "not causally related" (the penalties were actually caused by each-other).

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
We could really use a Maveric Lamoureux in our system. Too bad we drafted Bystedt two picks ahead of him.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
We're f***ing winners, bro

Pros:

Smith is awesome, love everything he does on the offensive side of the puck, so confident and composed, never reactive

Cagnoni has real potential, I'd like to see if he can keep up at pro speed but he looks like left-handed Dan Boyle out there

Macklin Celebrini is real, this is not make believe, he's f***ing here

Con:

That BETTER NOT be what the captain patches look like on the away jerseys now, it ruins one of the best sweaters we've ever had, white font on a white jersey is a travesty and whoever thought it was a good idea should be thrown in a dungeon

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Macklin Celebrini was the best player on the ice, despite not getting much help from his even strength linemates. He always stands out because the details of his game are just miles beyond any other prospect out there. He's so smart and tenacious, his decision-making is impeccable, his puck management is elite, and he's a menace in the neutral zone. Obviously he's also got 1st overall skill, but these things are what set him apart from any other highly-skilled 18 year old.

Despite not picking up a point, I really liked Will Smith today too. He definitely looks stronger and quicker, he's more detailed defensively, and overall more in control. A couple of missed passes lead to minor turnovers, but that's something you just accept with a guy as talented and creative as Smith is.

Luca Cagnoni was a stand-out for sure. So smooth, confident with the puck, and pretty solid with the puck defensively. I really hope he makes the Cuda (and based on that game he should), as he will have to develop coping strategies for everyone being so much bigger and stronger than him. But he looked a little quicker than the last time I saw him, which you love to see.

Mack/Smith/Luca were the cream of the crop today, but almost everyone was good. The Dickinson-Laroque pairing had a couple of shaky moments in the second during the one Utah surge, but overall I thought they were really effective. Dickinson's decision-making was mostly good and he kept pace very well. Gannon is my guy, I'll be rooting for him. I liked Hache too, I think he and Cagnoni complemented each other well. Pulli had some good moments too, I was fairly pleased with his play.

Up front, Cardwell, Bystedt, and Graf imrpressed me most other than 71 and 2. I can see a future where Cardwell is the type of 4th liner who can score a Game 7 OT GWG in the playoffs. Graf has a really solid B game, so I'd love to see him get big minutes with the Cuda. I definitely see why there are questions about Bystedt's pace, but he's fairly skilled and has great size and skating.

Musty had his moments for sure, but I wanted more from him. Halttunen I feel like was probably the worst Shark on the ice, unfortunately.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
We're f***ing winners, bro

Pros:

Smith is awesome, love everything he does on the offensive side of the puck, so confident and composed, never reactive

Cagnoni has real potential, I'd like to see if he can keep up at pro speed but he looks like left-handed Dan Boyle out there

Macklin Celebrini is real, this is not make believe, he's f***ing here

Con:

That BETTER NOT be what the captain patches look like on the away jerseys now, it ruins one of the best sweaters we've ever had, white font on a white jersey is a travesty and whoever thought it was a good idea should be thrown in a dungeon
ALL ABOARD THE CAGS HYPE TRAIN! Dan Boyle 2.0 is what I always thought Cagnoni could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad