2024 Prospect Poll #8

Who is the Jets’ 8th best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Could probably make a case for any of these guys. Ford, Lundmark and Rashevsky might be most NHL ready but I see potential high ceilings for Freij and Julien.......plus Rash is a huge question mark obviously.

Going with Julien. Kid had a big year and looks like an unbelievable steal in the 5th round.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I went with the Swedish 2nd rd pick, hopefully he is closer to the last one than the previous two, who may not make the cut. Top 4 d potential.

After this one I think it gets tricky. I have Milic next. Julien has some potential to be a Lowry replacement. Zhilkin is a hard one to gauge because of an injury plagued season...That Connor Levis kid actually outscored Lambert in the Memorial Cup, and got action with the Moose last year. I still think Nikkanen has 4th line C potential/Pk duty, but those guys don't get much love.

Reactions: Buffdog

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Freij for me. Next I am picking Zhilkin as I feel he is going to carve out a good NHL career. He has all the tools and I have said it before that when I saw him play in the OHL and one game he played defence and was by far the best player on the ice for both teams. Very intelligent player. Followed by Julien, then Milic.

I picked Julien last year as my dark horse and he has worked out well so far, so this years dark horse pick is He.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I went with the Swedish 2nd rd pick, hopefully he is closer to the last one than the previous two, who may not make the cut. Top 4 d potential.

After this one I think it gets tricky. I have Milic next. Julien has some potential to be a Lowry replacement. Zhilkin is a hard one to gauge because of an injury plagued season...That Connor Levis kid actually outscored Lambert in the Memorial Cup, and got action with the Moose last year. I still think Nikkanen has 4th line C potential/Pk duty, but those guys don't get much love.
Swedish 2nd rounder - I thought you meant Lundmark there for a minute.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Swedish 2nd rounder - I thought you meant Lundmark there for a minute.
There's Torgersson too, and he seems to have hit the wall, which is somewhat inexplicable after a couple of good camps. That pick looks worse seeing Brock Faber taken five picks later, and all the discussions here about needing a top 4 RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad