Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not to kick the guy but Sergachev was an absolutely terrible combo too. If he wasn't with Cernak or Hedman, you basically had the on ice equivalent of a lit stick of dynamite and the only variable was how much time you had until the blast went off...

And Cernak was always hurt

Looking forward to a stable blueline next year.

Reactions: Fan from AK

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looking forward to a stable blueline next year.
We definitely seem more balanced than we have been in a while. Not sure what McDonagh has left in the tank, but I assume we will see a lot more calm, do-no-harm shifts.

Reactions: Renopucker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This was somewhat predictable, but after three years in primarily Syracuse, Sean Day signs with HV71 in Sweden.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
No PTOs reported yet, I'm kind of surprised. I would think with the forward spots that are up for grabs in our lineup, we would at least have one or two.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The problem is that a ton of his mistakes ended up in the back of our net
I wouldn't say a ton really. He had a sophomore slump in an atrocious defensive system, and while he was usually paired with some of the worst dmen on the team. He still seems to be a solid #5 type with 2nd pairing upside. He was still 3rd on the team in points among dmen last year with 24 (would've been 4th had Serg not been injured), and was a +8, a number only bettered by Hedman among dmen on the team.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I mean I would've been fine trading Perbix if a true upgrade at RD was in the cards. However, finding that kind of upgrade given Tampa's cap constraints wasn't really feasible, and they weren't going to find better value than what Perbix brings for 1.1 million. He still has plenty of room, and time, to reach his full potential, and paired this season with a competent partner like Moser or McD, rather than the train wrecks that are De Haan or Dumba, should lead to even better overall play (and, hopefully, being part of a defensive system that isn't trash).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
These rumors are usually always fabricated but having said that, a few days ago I was looking ahead to see what our lineup would look like in the next few seasons and it became pretty apparent that we need another top 4 RHD for the future. Raddysh isn't bad but he's not ideal to be keeping in the top 4 and I don't think Perbix or Crozier could take that spot either. A possibility could be that they play Moser on his offhand but I decided to look at what acquiring a RHD would look like. I checked and the only good RHD's in the 2025 FA group are Pionk and Ekblad. In terms of good RHD that are publicly available the only one I could find is Rasmus Andersson and he could fit really nicely on this roster. Tampa would need to trade Sheary and get 50% retention on Andersson but if they can get him half retained he would only be 2.275m against the cap this and next season. He is only 27 so he could even be extended afterward if he is a good fit. Assuming the cap goes up to 92m next season the Lightning would still have enough to add a 5m AAV player(would need to be a 1 year deal) and fill the rest of the roster with prospects and league min players to get to a 22 man roster.

Reactions: Peacefool

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Selective memory, Perbix had the best GF/GA at ES differential on the team after Hedman.

The anti-Perbix arguments are just "I remember that one time he did something and I got really mad so I extrapolate", the facts say otherwise.
I'd be fine trading him for a real top9 winger with similar contract.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I can't believe its almost 2025 and they're finally getting HD streaming for what is a professional level of hockey in America. Its not like HD cameras are super expensive these days.

EDIT: but also, yay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Sheary isn't likely to waive for Calgary imo, and there's very little chance that Perbix, Sheary and a 1st two drafts out is the best offer the Flames will get for Anderson, especially with the 1.6 or so in retention that Tampa would need. If Tampa is serious about acquiring him, then I'm sure one of Howard or Geekie would be Calgary's ask (in addition to likely Perbix amd other picks/prospects). If Tampa could have an extension framework set up so that Anderson would be with the team long-term, then it might work. As is though, Perbix, a cap dump, and a '26 1st is a fairly weak offer for Anderson without retention, let alone with some for this season and next.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Sounds like a recycled Vatrano rumor, but at least Vatrano made sense as a top 6 forward where as Anderson doesn’t address a glaring need. Anyone who watched the Lightning last year knows Raddysh is adequate in the top 4.

At this point the only way a player like Perbix is replaced is if a high pedigree prospect forces him out, and we have no one like that.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I can't believe its almost 2025 and they're finally getting HD streaming for what is a professional level of hockey in America. Its not like HD cameras are super expensive these days.

EDIT: but also, yay
Having been a FloHockey subscriber for a few years, it's the rinks/teams not prioritizing the investment. FloHockey is like YouTube. It's a platform.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'd be fine trading him for a real top9 winger with similar contract.

What realistic 3rd line winger is putting up any decent numbers for 1m? You want to trade a defenseman who can log 17mins a night put up 24 ES points on a down year and come out with positive/even metrics across the board for a winger who plays 10-14mins a night and might get 20~ points?

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
What realistic 3rd line winger is putting up any decent numbers for 1m? You want to trade a defenseman who can log 17mins a night put up 24 ES points on a down year and come out with positive/even metrics across the board for a winger who plays 10-14mins a night and might get 20~ points?
If they have some grit ,skill, and speed I'd take it . We have 2-3 holes in the top 9 forwards. We lack a second line center , top 6 winger, and a top 9 winger. Our defense should be improved with McDonough and I don't think the drop-off from perbix to lilleberg and Crozier will be that much. The bolts really need some speed, skill, and grit in the top 9. I'd be trying to get a forward from Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad