2024 Prospect Poll #7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' best remaining prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Novikov, he could pass Johnson on the depth chart by the end of this season. Add Kisa.

Always curious how differently things would look if results were hidden until the poll closed.
I would think that there would be a slight deviation but for the most part people have them grouped in tiers. My next set are the Russian 3 (Novikov, Komorov, and Neuchev in no particular order) with Strbak and Kleber. I can make arguments for all 5 based on ceiling/floor, proximity to roster etc

Reactions: JLewyB

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I would think that there would be a slight deviation but for the most part people have them grouped in tiers. My next set are the Russian 3 (Novikov, Komorov, and Neuchev in no particular order) with Strbak and Kleber. I can make arguments for all 5 based on ceiling/floor, proximity to roster etc
Yeah I was thinking more about how being able to see the vote count can encourage groupthink bias and piling on for a big vote leader.

To me the best way would be everyone submit their own top 25 and average them into a consensus. But the polls are a fun way to pass the summer months even if they have some warped effects imo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah I was thinking more about how being able to see the vote count can encourage groupthink bias and piling on for a big vote leader.

To me the best way would be everyone submit their own top 25 and average them into a consensus. But the polls are a fun way to pass the summer months even if they have some warped effects imo.

Definitely solid points both about front runner voting, and people having their own list. I’ll have to bust out my spreadsheet and post it. I think the latest round I may have changed to the old HF grading system from what I was doing the previous series. That’s breaking it down by Ceiling floor and development thus far. I can’t remember where I got the numeric breakout from. It may be @Gabrielor ’s originally.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Definitely solid points both about front runner voting, and people having their own list. I’ll have to bust out my spreadsheet and post it. I think the latest round I may have changed to the old HF grading system from what I was doing the previous series. That’s breaking it down by Ceiling floor and development thus far. I can’t remember where I got the numeric breakout from. It may be @Gabrielor ’s originally.
100% someone else's idea, I just still have a copy from the early 2010's.

1721569402327.png

It's been a while since I've done one, but it looks like this:
1721569587054.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad