2024 Prospect Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pre-season hockey entertainment for the fans while giving the opportunity to our younger potential NHL players to show their stuff? I get it... I just would rather see games where players that I mentioned were in the lineup too instead of a number of nobodies that will be lucky to become career AHL'ers let alone NHL stars.

The Nobodies that will be lucky to become career AHL'ers let alone NHL Stars Prospect Tournament just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Reactions: Rubi

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You say you get it… then you show us you dont get it
Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean they don't "get it". To conclude that is the epitome of arrogance.
I get it. I just don't agree with it. I doubt I'll waste my time watching a single game. You'd learn more and have a better entertainment experience watching them play Jr or AHL games than these so called "young stars" tourny games. Waste of time and money. I'm not that desperate to watch hockey again. I'll wait a couple more weeks for the Flames pre-season games. Watching a 3rd rate tournament, which is what it is... if it's that... just isn't that enticing to me.

Last edited:

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Just because someone disagrees with your point of view doesn't mean they don't "get it". To conclude that is the epitome of arrogance.
I get it. I just don't agree with it. I doubt I'll waste my time watching a single game. You'd learn more and have a better entertainment experience watching them play Jr or AHL games than these so called "young stars" tourny games. Waste of time and money. I'm not that desperate to watch hockey again. I'll wait a couple more weeks for the Flames pre-season games. Watching a 3rd rate tournament, which is what it is... if it's that... just isn't that enticing to me.
Yes and no. He’s saying he gets why the stars are there or those with potential. But doesn’t recognize that having a good farm system, even people who never make the NHL have zero value. Which is entirely untrue. So no, I would say he doesn’t get why they are there.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Flames look awful to start. and Winnipeg just scored. oh lawd

Grushnikov has looked horrendous so far. Time to write him off, it's been 5 whole minutes.

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
2-0 Jets

Literally never played together in a nothing tourney, but damn do we look awful to start.

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
Best Flames player that period was Misa (Lipinski was also good) and on defense I'd day Mews was the one who struggled the least. The defense in general has been a complete tire fire.

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
Morton makes it 2-1 off a solid rush, got the bounce and put it in the net.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Morty

dance-morty.gif

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
Bru ties it up off a beautiful feed from Morton. Good pinch from Bru who stepped into the slot.

Flames look much better this period.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Zayne is all over the place, but those saying his skating is a downside or only average don't know what they are talking about. There are some exciting tools there.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Zayne is all over the place, but those saying his skating is a downside or only average don't know what they are talking about. There are some exciting tools there.

He's turned it over pretty much every time he's touched it. Also needs to get much much stronger.

I don't see much chance he's going to get 9 games this year.

JPeeper

Jan 4, 2015
Was on CP and someone mentioned Honzek not being particularly noticeable, I completely forgot he was even playing. Doesn't look that impressive out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad