2024 preseason (camp, media stuff)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hey ,guys just a quick update on Musty. Hasnt reported to his junior team yet , the Sudbury wolves.

Hearing he's at home clearing his head/reset

I think it's the disappointed not making the team and coming back to junior. Not a good attitude amongst a few things I don't like about him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't push for a trade to another team.

I'll keep you guys posted
I mean let’s be honest here. He deserves the rest. Didn’t he train away from home this summer too? I get it not a great look but this is a kid/young adult (19) that just spent a while away from home. Cut him some slack. He’s a kid.

I wish we had just traded him for Askarov.
You wish we trade every bit of skill away. I’m surprised you have gotten over us qualifying Bordeleau and Gushchin getting a chance with the team.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Musty has all the skill in the world and not every kid is Celebrini. Eklund also really had a hard time being sent away to Sweden and look at him now. They’re babies, they’re allowed to process and take a break, I really dislike this sort of prevailing “they’re hockey players they should be able to handle anything!” thought process. It’s what leads to things like substance abuse later on. Give the poor kid a moment.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I mean let’s be honest here. He deserves the rest. Didn’t he train away from home this summer too? I get it not a great look but this is a kid/young adult (19) that just spent a while away from home. Cut him some slack. He’s a kid.

You wish we trade every bit of skill away. I’m surprised you have gotten over us qualifying Bordeleau and Gushchin getting a chance with the team.
Askarov is way more skilled than Musty.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Hey ,guys just a quick update on Musty. Hasnt reported to his junior team yet , the Sudbury wolves.

Hearing he's at home clearing his head/reset

I think it's the disappointed not making the team and coming back to junior. Not a good attitude amongst a few things I don't like about him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't push for a trade to another team.

I'll keep you guys posted
Probably a good reality check for him. Hopefully he learns from this most recent experience.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Good thing we have them both?
I’m saying I’d rather have the Vegas 1st, Edstrom and Askarov than Askarov and Quentin Musty but whatever it’s impossible to know whether the Preds would have accepted him straight up.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I’m saying I’d rather have the Vegas 1st, Edstrom and Askarov than Quentin Musty but whatever it’s impossible to know whether the Preds would have accepted him straight up.
Barry Trotz said he targeted a center specifically. I don't think he would've accepted Musty.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Barry Trotz said he targeted a center specifically. I don't think he would've accepted Musty.
True. Depends on whether he was smoking the same shit that convinced Elite Prospects that Musty is the 15th best prospect in the world.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Musty doesn't have any value to make that trade.
I'd rather give up two okay assets rather than one better asset. He has a ways to go, but I'm sticking my sword in the ground and saying that Musty will have a much bigger impact in the NHL than David Edstrom and whatever that pick ends up producing combined.

Reactions: Lebanezer

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'd rather give up two okay assets rather than one better asset. He has a ways to go, but I'm sticking my sword in the ground and saying that Musty will have a much bigger impact in the NHL than David Edstrom and whatever that pick ends up producing combined.
If Hodge thinks Musty sucks, then there's no way Trotz would've accepted a trade with Musty as the centerpiece.

• Haha
Reactions: Lebanezer

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
These are roughly equivalent assets. In all likelihood we’re talking about three late 1st round picks.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Depending on how this year shakes out, Edstrom and a D in the 10-25 range might be better for us, UNLESS Musty hits. He's got a lot of time to keep developing so it's not time to cut bait on him yet. He could end up looking like Timo, and that would be great for the rebuild. But if he's just a middle 6 winger, or like a Steve Bernier or Seto with a great start then flames out, we would very possibly have been better off keeping Edstrom and the 1st. This is why I was one of the few that didn't love the Askarov trade. I think I value Edstrom and the 1st more than most.

In a world where Musty was valued enough to take the place of Edstrom and the VGK 1st, I would probably be okay with it, knowing what we know. But it's all speculation and counterfactuals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad