Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Dodgers vs Yankees in the World Series - it has been 43 years since they last met.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm the most casual of casual baseball fans at this point in life.

Speaking from no point of knowledge at all, and well-aware there is logic behind the phenomenon, it is absolutely wild how much managers f*** around with pitchers nowadays. It's like the risk of bringing in a cold pitcher is universally discarded in favor of predetermined gameplan.

Also, Dave Roberts is enjoying this postgame interview more than any manager I've ever seen. It's like Fox hired him to be a personality for the show.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
As a Red Sox fan who lives 15 minutes from Fenway Park I can't even imagine living in a big market city that loves its baseball team. Imagine what it would be like to sign the best players in the game and watching them play deep into October?

But alas....

Reactions: Mione134

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That was some Grady Little level decision making from Boone.

- First he brings in a guy who hasn't thrown in a month in the 10th
- Then with 2 outs and 1st and 3rd he walks the bases loaded to face Freeman. You don't need to set up double plays everywhere with 2 outs.
- Say he wants the lefty lefty match up, he leaves his lights out lefty reliever in the pen instead of having him face Freeman.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I need John Henry to go.

Just go. You don't care about the Red Sox anymore. Embarrassing watching us be trash while other teams flourish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad