Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Dodgers vs Yankees in the World Series - it has been 43 years since they last met.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

As good as he was, I'm shocked he won 20 games only once. Of course, he also had 20 complete games the season he did it.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 9.42.08 AM.png

Reactions: Bradely and BMC

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I remember the days when it was the Brooklyn Dodgers or Bombers vs the NY Yankees. In those days I was a Boston Red Sox and Boston Braves fan. I always favored the Braves until they left. I was very sad, very sad.

So now I am not a baseball fan but do follow. I want the Dodgers to beat the enemy of the Red Sox.

Go Dodgers

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Watching "The Comeback" on Netflix.

Theo Epstein's reaction to leaving Pedro Martinez in the game in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS: "What the f%&* are we doing?"

John Henry's reaction to the same decision: "Can we fire [Grady LIttle] now, or do we have to wait until the game is over?"
Watching ‘The Comeback’ on Netflix and this production credit tells you all you need to know about the Red Sox in 2024.

1729766510722.png

Linda Pizzuti was oblivious to the Red Sox in 2003/2004.

Overalll it was a good watch - 20+ years later Grady Little still makes my blood boil

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I remember Fernadomania. His windup, his personality & winning ways on the field made him a superstar. Apparently he was also a genuinely nice person, which is rare among elite athletes.

May he rest in peace.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh, I'm not referring to a report. I'm referring to my reaction last night on the couch: "There's no way Henry said that"

I absolutely believe it because in 2003 winning a World Series was the only thing John Henry cared about.

I was losing my mind when Pedro came out for the 8th and also wanted Grady fired before the ninth.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Grady Little sequence: I believe that Theo said that, I don't believe Henry said that.
Netflix first shows Theo and his recollection was 'What the f*** are we doing'?

Then John Henry recalls saying "I turned to Larry and said can we fire him now or do we have to wait until after that game?"

I have my theory - Grady knew he would be fired even if they won it all so he went with gut.

Grady said I got a bad result :oops: and then quipped that if they had an election between Bin Laden and me, I would lose.

Nomar and Manny refused to be interviewed.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Netflix first shows Theo and his recollection was 'What the f*** are we doing'?

Then John Henry recalls saying "I turned to Larry and said can we fire him now or do we have to wait until after that game?"

I have my theory - Grady knew he would be fired even if they won it all so he went with gut.

Grady said I got a bad result :oops: and then quipped that if they had an election between Bin Laden and me, I would lose.

Nomar and Manny refused to be interviewed.

I cried so hard when I found out we traded Nomar. I was listening to my am/fm cd player/radio trying to fall asleep. Listening to JT the Brick. And it was announced and I was shocked. 😭

Him not winning a ring here hurts me. Him not being our ss still hurts. I don't blame him not wanting to be interviewed.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I cried so hard when I found out we traded Nomar. I was listening to my am/fm cd player/radio trying to fall asleep. Listening to JT the Brick. And it was announced and I was shocked. 😭

Him not winning a ring here hurts me. Him not being our ss still hurts. I don't blame him not wanting to be interviewed.
He got a 2004 world series ring iirc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad