Red Sox/MLB 2024 Playoffs: Dodgers vs Yankees in the World Series - it has been 43 years since they last met.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The starting RFs in the world series are going to be Mookie Betts and Alex Verdugo and we're sitting here after another DNQ with Dick Fitts and Wong in our hands to show for it.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Spread sheets and stat nerds taking the human element right out of it.

The problem is the stat nerds ideas work over a large sample size so they look smart with a 162 game season. But it falls apart in the playoffs because you dont have enough games for their "law of averages" to show up, no matter what you need game changers in the playoffs, guys who can and do go out there and hit the HR or pitch the shut out.

It's why the As never won a playoff series under Beane, but Theo's version of moneyball works. He uses the principles for the middle of the roster guys, but understood you still need sluggers/aces

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
It's why the As never won a playoff series under Beane, but Theo's version of moneyball works. He uses the principles for the middle of the roster guys, but understood you still need sluggers/aces
I don't think Billy Beane's problem was that he didn't understand that teams need really good players to win in the post-season.

His issue was that he couldn't afford those players.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I don't like the Dodgers or Yankees, two teams that spend their way to the top, no plucky underdog team to cheer on.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I don't like the Dodgers or Yankees, two teams that spend their way to the top, no plucky underdog team to cheer on.
I hate both teams as well, but will cheer for the Yanks, just because they are in the AL.
Will be interesting to see who the WS heroes are?
Soto / Ohtani?
I have a funny feeling the guys batting 7-9 will play a big part on both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad