OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I will never understand how guys can flip around on the pommel horse and maintain balance and not just go flying off. And that one handed move that pommel horse guy did, twice...I still don't know how he did that without breaking his wrist.

For reference, my proudest gymnastic achievement was learning to do a somersault in first grade. :laugh:
Not to mention he said he can’t really see it lol and just works on feel. The core and shoulder strength is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinaura

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
All I know, is that's a shitty way to lose a medal and it took something away from my enjoyment of the event.
The judges made an error in scoring Jordan’s execution score and went back and fixed it. Next time Romania should stay in bounds, toss in a little more artistry and not celebrate before the scores are official

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The judges made an error in scoring Jordan’s execution score and went back and fixed it. Next time Romania should stay in bounds, toss in a little more artistry and not celebrate before the scores are official
No different than the finish of the men’s 100m track. Official and correct times came out, one guy was annoyed and another happy. But they got it right

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No different than the finish of the men’s 100m track. Official and correct times came out, one guy was annoyed and another happy. But they got it right
Exactly. Interestingly enough the girl who thought she won the medal, Ana Barbosu has been so gracious in her comments post meet even saying she should have waited for final scores to celebrate. She refused to take the reporters bait to go after Jordan and complain.

Her teammate on the other hand, is lashing out as is her mother. Allegedly because of this she’s quitting gymnastics.

It’s just sad the judges didn’t take the time to review the routine in realtime like they typically do. Would have saved a lot of the bs.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
What a time to be alive

IMG_9423.jpeg

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Sophia Smith gives the USWNT a 1-0 lead over Germany in extra time. Winner advances to the Gold Medal match on Saturday.

EDIT: Can we get Andres Cantor to replace Jack Edwards?

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad