HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Femke Bol amazing

I like to watch the prime time and get the boxed version

Tuesday I’ll watch the women’s soccer and men’s basketball

Alex Wilson I watched tonight what a bummer
Yeah, the Alex Walsh DQ was tough, but it was clearly the right call. I used to be a Stroke and Turn judge when my kids swam, and it always killed me to have to DQ swimmers who would have made the podium.

I feel really bad for her. She’s probably done that back/breast transition thousands of times this year alone….

Her sister Gretchen won a gold in the mixed medley relay, so at least that family has something to celebrate today.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks for posting that link.

I think its also important to remember that we probably would not have won our own independence, if it weren't for the aid that France provided.

Its great that we could return the favor...

The French also have never forgotten our help in World War II

Major subway station in Paris is named

1722745607815.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saturday was hectic for me as one of our main trucks suffered a power surge during a massive thunderstorm Thursday evening and we needed a critical part.

@Gee Wally knows from his career the logistics of getting a replacement part from Hudson, New Hampshire to Paris quickly and we did it in 14 hours.

My reward was seeing this

453881697_18453110818036311_7887470523575228207_n.jpg

I have an easy schedule today and then a mandated off day on Monday and I am taking advantage of a bus trip NBC is offering to Cimetière Américain de Normandie. It is 3 hours from Paris.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Saturday was hectic for me as one of our main trucks suffered a power surge during a massive thunderstorm Thursday evening and we needed a critical part.

@Gee Wally knows from his career the logistics of getting a replacement part from Hudson, New Hampshire to Paris quickly and we did it in 14 hours.

View attachment 899088

I have an easy schedule today and then a mandated off day on Monday and I am taking advantage of a bus trip NBC is offering to Cimetière Américain de Normandie. It is 3 hours from Paris.

That's a long bus ride but the cemetery is worth it. A unique mix of sad, sobering, awe-inducing and beautiful. One of the most remarkable places I've ever been.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

View attachment 899088

I hope you are having fun - I’m loving this

I’m basically spot checking here and there but doing the 8-11 after the fact although many days I had no idea of result

I actually thought track 4 mixed was Americans gold and was like wtf when Bol blew by Brown

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

She’s on point. Glad she’s calling them out.

Suni Lee is up on bars in about 40 minutes. She goes last so she’ll know what she needs to reach the podium. This is the event she really wants to earn a medal for.

I can’t wait to see what leotard she wears.

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bars comes down to the very end. Suni Lee wins Bronze! Phenomenal routine.

The French Federation is kicking themselves for treating Kaliya Nemour the way they did. She represents Algeria (her dad is Algerian) and just won the gold at home.

Must watch in prime time

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Kudos to the 4 Ukrainian women that won a Gold medal yesterday in Fencing.
You brought some pride to your country that has been in a Living Hell for over 2 yrs and still going!.
My heart goes out to you and your fellow countrymen, women and children!
Blessings to you all!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

View attachment 899088

Glad you are getting to go to the cemetery. Once you stand on the bluffs above Omaha, you get a really good idea of just how hard it was to take that beach. Please send pics if you can.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

great doc on Olympic athletes and mental health

• Love
Reactions: Alicat

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Men’s Field Hockey QF (Dutch vs Aussies) had been really fun to watch.

I don’t think my back could handle playing that sport…

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3