OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I guess a thorough investigation is required and not internet theories. Let the truth tell the story
Of course.

But these are professional athletes. To think they were completely blind to it seems far fetched to me.

But I'm glad to be proven wrong if it happens.

Reactions: lopey

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1722627303225.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I was the same way when I was a kid. Gold was all that mattered, silver and bronze were the same as losing. I'm glad that changed with age. I loved the look on the men's gymnastics team when they won bronze. For them it may as well be gold. And as happy as I was for Simone Biles, the smile on Suni Lee melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Both had been through so much, and both did their very best. Which is what the games are all about, right down the person who finishes last, but does it for their self, their family and their country.
I cried when Suni's floor score came in. She's only been back full time training for 6 months.

I thought Gymnastics fans and writers were bad (some are still) but these swimming writers and fans take the cake. They're pissed because athletes like Macintosh and Marchand train in the US and are taking up "our" resources and some are upset with collegiate swimming. It is absolutely mind numbing to me that anyone (we all know athletes do which is crazy) could think winning a silver or bronze medal at the friggin Olympics as a failure and a let down to the country.

Sure I want Team USA to win gold but I am just as happy if someone wins a silver or bronze.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I cried when Suni's floor score came in. She's only been back full time training for 6 months.

I thought Gymnastics fans and writers were bad (some are still) but these swimming writers and fans take the cake. They're pissed because athletes like Macintosh and Marchand train in the US and are taking up "our" resources and some are upset with collegiate swimming. It is absolutely mind numbing to me that anyone (we all know athletes do which is crazy) could think winning a silver or bronze medal at the friggin Olympics as a failure and a let down to the country.

Sure I want Team USA to win gold but I am just as happy if someone wins a silver or bronze.

It's like Patriots fans. Brady and Phelps spoiled the fans and writers, who are never satisfied after that.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I loved watching Marchand swim. The crowd was eating it up too.

Reactions: Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Hope you never cheered for the Pats..... just saying.

I was waiting for this. I came prepared.

Pats never secretly recorded another team's practice. That was a lie. Boston Herald had to apologize and everything on the front page. Patriots were guilty of recording....from the sideline when they could have recorded from almost anywhere else in the stadum.

Meanwhile Canada's coach literally emailed HR about drone "spying" when someone said they didn't want to do it anymore.

Apples to orangutangs comparison. Weak sauce. Need something better for this to be fun.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Of course.

But these are professional athletes. To think they were completely blind to it seems far fetched to me.

But I'm glad to be proven wrong if it happens.
If you want to judge by rumors only, all the top women's and men's teams have done it. According to Didier Drogba, "Ah, it happens," said Drogba, with a laugh, when asked by Ariel Helwani of CBC Olympics in Paris how common it was for teams to employ a drone or other methods to sneak a peek at the opposition's training sessions. He said it is part of the game, and they were just caught. That's it. He went on to say it doesn't really effect the result of the game, maybe some situations.

Anyway, I'll take the word from the greatest international male or female goal scorer ever, Christine Sinclair, over the priggish. She is the female version of our beloved, honorable Patrice Bergeron.

Sinclair said that national team players were never shown drone footage during the more than two decades she was on the team. If she said it, I cannot argue with one of the most respected athletes to play any sport.

PARIS -ctvnews.ca/sports/canada-s-christine-sinclair-we-were-never-shown-drone-footage-1.6979143

Reactions: Bradely

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Such hot garbage and so are the comments under it. He’s the best coach out there.

I find it hilarious that no one says a word when a coach in gymnastics coaches a non US athlete (Melanie DeJesus Dos Santos of France has the same coaches as Simone Biles) or in Figure Skating. IAM in Montreal trains almost all of the top ice dancing pairs in the world and constantly has to switch jackets to the skaters country in the kiss and cry at an event.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Breakfast at the Peacock Grille

View attachment 898700

I really got spooked this morning as the rideshare took a highway that follows the Seine River and suddenly went into a small tunnel and I *KNEW* immediately it was where Princess Di was killed TWENTY SEVEN years ago.
Had the exact same at Nick & Tony’s in Danvers yesterday morning - too funny

These gals are very charismatic, talented, and great role models - adorable as well

I’m loving the Olympics

perfect timing

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Had the exact same at Nick & Tony’s in Danvers yesterday morning - too funny

These gals are very charismatic, talented, and great role models - adorable as well

I’m loving the Olympics

perfect timing
Not getting the post when they say first all women off colour on podium do they just mean in gymnastics? Or have they never watched track and field.lol

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Simone Biles gets the gold and Jade Carey gets the bronze on vault 😍

They are seriously not showing pommelhorse?!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00