OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I want to be clear…..I’m NOT accusing the guy of cheating. He was the existing WR holder, and he’s tested clean. However, that Olympic pool is slow (his was the only WR broken in this meet) and you simply don’t destroy that time, by that margin, in that event. It hasn’t happened since the mid 70s..

He either turned in one of the greatest races in Olympic swimming history, or there’s something very odd going on.
You are not saying he cheated....but your post seems to imply it!

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
They cannot be David; they are female, lol. But they are turning a bad story into one of resilience. FIFA took away 6 points out of a possible 9, and they still qualified second in their group undefeated. All the while doing this largely with on-field leadership and an interim coach thrown into the spotlight.

They were frustrated with a lack of sleep and appetite and the cheating stigma that was forced upon them. This round was like being down 3-0 in a series and winning it. After the last 2 victories, they proved that they were the best team, winning those games fairly. No slings, stones, or drones.
Well said. IMO it is a great story. Nothing granted with what will come to the Canadian soccer team but what a story IMO right now.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Breakfast at the Peacock Grille

1722586851036.png

I really got spooked this morning as the rideshare took a highway that follows the Seine River and suddenly went into a small tunnel and I *KNEW* immediately it was where Princess Di was killed TWENTY SEVEN years ago.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The swimming writers continue to embarass themselves online. Everything is an abject failure if the US doesn't win gold to them. It is so and so only got the silver or bronze. Making it to the medal stand at the friggin Olympics is fantastic no matter the color. Sure gold is great but so are silver and bronze. We are too hyperfocused on only winning gold. We should be celebrating every medal.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The swimming writers continue to embarass themselves online. Everything is an abject failure if the US doesn't win gold to them. It is so and so only got the silver or bronze. Making it to the medal stand at the friggin Olympics is fantastic no matter the color. Sure gold is great but so are silver and bronze. We are too hyperfocused on only winning gold. We should be celebrating every medal.

I was the same way when I was a kid. Gold was all that mattered, silver and bronze were the same as losing. I'm glad that changed with age. I loved the look on the men's gymnastics team when they won bronze. For them it may as well be gold. And as happy as I was for Simone Biles, the smile on Suni Lee melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Both had been through so much, and both did their very best. Which is what the games are all about, right down the person who finishes last, but does it for their self, their family and their country.

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1