OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
For all the troubles that have swirled around them over the years, I still love a good Olympics. Australian sport is in the doldrums a bit at present, relatively speaking (probably thanks to budget issues, domestic team sports swallowing up more athletes, and the fact that Aussies are on average becoming less outdoorsy) so not expecting a huge games for us but there's usually a surprise or two and we'll see what happens.

Here's to a good and safe Paris 2024!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I love the parade of nations, the oath taking and the lighting of the flame. The summer games are too big, I find the winter games more intimate.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Olympics is always a comfort watch. It's a lot of shit no one would ever care about the other 3 years and 11 months, but when they compress it all and jump from swimming to weightlifting or random shit like handball and badminton rapid fire, it's surprisingly entertaining.

Winter is better, but summer usually has some good stuff in it

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Always love the Olympics. Winter more than Summer, just prideful to watch our athletes compete. Signed up to peacock for the month so I have one area to find everything.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Very excited to watch these

2 great weeks of summer

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Track hasn't been the same since Usain Bolt retired. He was otherworldly as an athlete and an personality
Like swimming with Phelps.

I think Simone Bikes is the only elite GOAT still competing. Maybe Ledecky but she'd have to crush it in these games to establish herself as a tier above Thompson et al.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
With the internet it is almost impossible NOT to know the outcome, especially if it's an upset.
Oh I know. I plan to watch the games live especially gymnastics but for the rest of it, I am fine with knowing the result but waiting to see it. I'll have it on in the background for sure.

I was not expecting the Opening Ceremony to be one big, long commercial for the new Assassin's Creed game.
It's definitely different. Gaga was great imo. It can't be easy to sing in French when it isn't your native tongue. I need Celine tho

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For all the troubles that have swirled around them over the years, I still love a good Olympics. Australian sport is in the doldrums a bit at present, relatively speaking (probably thanks to budget issues, domestic team sports swallowing up more athletes, and the fact that Aussies are on average becoming less outdoorsy) so not expecting a huge games for us but there's usually a surprise or two and we'll see what happens.

Here's to a good and safe Paris 2024!
I will admit I am worried.

So, @Fenway ...are you working or just there to enjoy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad