Golf: 2024 Open Championship - Rory-demption Edition

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny how Xander had a reputation as the best to never win a major two majors ago and now he’ll have kind of caught up to where he should be and his reputation is completely different. Cant say it’s undeserved.

It’s also still kind of crazy that as good as Xander is he hasn’t won a regular tour event other than a major in over two years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Legendary back 9 here for Xander. He was the best guy on the board and he has taken it

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s crazy that we went through all the Tiger years and never had an American sweep of the majors

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Not to sound like a boomer but tossing the butt in the fescue is f***ed up, throw that shit in the trash. This is Royal Troon, not some shitty muni.

--

PGA @ Valhalla was sort of seen as a mickey mouse major given the scoring and the shit that went on with Scottie and etc.

This win really on this course really legitimizes Xander. Big boy course in tough conditions and went bogey free to win Open.

Zero doubts now.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Incredible performance by Xander yesterday.

Scottie's putter deserting him again. If he can't get that thing figured out it'll be a shame. So much potential being held back by one club. Guy needs to win more majors to have the reputation he has been given by many, including me.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Next year’s major venues look slightly better. Quail Hollow is going to be another disappointing PGA venue, but Oakmont and Portrush are good venues. I like Portrush, but they really gotta put Muirfield and Turnberry (even Lytham is okay with me) back in the rota. A non-Saint Andrews venue getting one six years after the last is ridiculous, even if the golf course is a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad