Olympics: 2024 Olympics - Opening Ceremony - 1:30 PM Eastern

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bit weird they changed the order of the countries so Iran, Iraq and Israel aren't on the one boat. Is the alphabet in French different?
I was wondering the same. Spain was among the E countries but that could be España or Espagne. Saudi Arabia was among the A countries, but that also makes sense in French. But wasn't Greece one of the very first countries? I don't know I got too confused.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was wondering the same. Spain was among the E countries but that could be España or Espagne. Saudi Arabia was among the A countries, but that also makes sense in French. But wasn't Greece one of the very first countries? I don't know I got too confused.
They are going by the French spelling of the countries.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They are going by the French spelling of the countries.
I came to that conclusion but does that mean Greece just got lost? Or is that because they're the birthplace of the Olympics...? I've never really watched this stuff lol

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Greece is always first every Olympics

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Greece is first because they invented the Olympics.
Iraq is Irak in French

Iceland is Islande in French, so they come between them
Explaining this really ruins the joke, thanks lads.

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I came to that conclusion but does that mean Greece just got lost? Or is that because they're the birthplace of the Olympics...? I've never really watched this stuff lol
Greece is always first.
The host country is always last.
The next host country is second to last. and new to me. the other host country is third to last. (or they've always done it and i just never noticed it).

So Greece
Countries in Alphabetical Order by Country's native alphabet.
Future Host Country [Australia]
Future Host Country [United States]
Host Country [France]

Reactions: Jovavic

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Mongolia is a really fascinating country, I really want to visit one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad