Olympics: 2024 Olympics - Opening Ceremony - 1:30 PM Eastern

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
In typical ceremonies, you can't tell one stadium from another inside them, athletes walking with flags, some dancers with same coreographies, same type of music etc.

This is much more varied and memorable.

it feels disjointed. (to me) I'm not going to take anything away from other people' preferences what they like more.

but I still very much remember Sydney's, Athen's, Beijing's (for summer), Lillehammer's, Nagano's, Vancouver's for Winter. but memorable is in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
London ceremony was masterclass

those ones were good too.

again I'm not slagging Paris's I think it was a unique concept. and I do like the sailing down the River Sienne you can't get more Paris than that. but for me it's missing that POP. the tableaus are a cool touch though

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
like i said. each their own. most people love Beijing's and Tokyos.
In Beijing they had among other features a pretty little girl lip syncing another little girl with a great singing voice but deemed too ugly to represent China. As well as "ethnic minority" performances with exclusively Han majority performers.

Reactions: Jussi

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
In Beijing they had among other features a pretty little girl lip syncing another little girl with a great singing voice but deemed too ugly to represent China. As well as "ethnic minority" performances with exclusively Han majority performers.

yes. I know. That doesn't change the fact that the ceremonies was really nice for a lot of people. If you don't like it that's fine. Heck. I never even said I didn't like these ones. it's just not on my top ten of ceremonies. I'm really glad that you are enjoying it and this is standing out for you. it's simply just not going to enter my personal list of favourite ceremonies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hornbæk
I think it's both actually. :laugh: Hence why it's refreshing. Also, on point with the username. :laugh:
Eh, not sure what to think.

I am thinking Vogue when I watch this, and a little elitist/pretentious.

My favs. Where Athens and Sydney, but could just be teenage Nostalgia :)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Eh, not sure what to think.

I am thinking Vogue when I watch this, and a little elitist/pretentious.

My favs. Where Athens and Sydney, but could just be teenage Nostalgia :)
I can't remember anything from those. To be honest, Mr Bean and Bond are the only things I remember since Ali lit the fire in Atlanta.

With the rain increasing, the boats seem a better option than people walking and standing in rain.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
yes. I know. That doesn't change the fact that the ceremonies was really nice for a lot of people. If you don't like it that's fine. Heck. I never even said I didn't like these ones. it's just not on my top ten of ceremonies. I'm really glad that you are enjoying it and this is standing out for you. it's simply just not going to enter my personal list of favourite ceremonies.
I'll need to see this to the end before judging the overall concept one way or another, but already now it's easy to say this is going to be the most memorable. The gray and rainy weather is what it is, but also feels genuine whereas in Beijing even the fireworks were CGI.

Reactions: gary69

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Bit weird they changed the order of the countries so Iran, Iraq and Israel aren't on the one boat. Is the alphabet in French different?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad